11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Post after post criticism of City's decision making and we've fucked up in the transfer market and we shouldn't of let Palmer go, he was given the option to stay decided to leave, blues need to get over it. Anyone would think we were in Chelsea 's position in the league the amount of times I've read that this is all on Pep ect ect. We are in all the competitions still and fighting let's get behind the team and stop fucking moaning.

Technically Palmer is 3 or 4 levels ahead - in terms of giddy excitement and pacey step overs that don't work - then I concede - Doku every-time. By the way, why are you comparing such disparate players?
Why not compare 2 wingers?
Palmer isn't too different from Mahrez who mainly cut inside and had a superb left foot, like Palmer.

We don't know if Palmer would've played the same season had he stayed, and back then I thought it was fine he left.
Hindsight yeah, we have to admit we don't have enough goals from our wingers. Grealish, Doku, Bernardo? Foden does the job. Julian isn't too shabby as well.

I miss the confidence in Doku, the will to finish and score, the fight, the passionate body language, defensive work rate.
I do see all that in Palmer right now.

@eastmanc
It's a thread about Doku so let's talk about Doku. I accept a fanboy's opinion is different from a scout's analysis looking at both sides of the medal. I belong to the latter. In the same moment I'm fully behind the team, like everyone else. But one thing is for sure as well:

no player is bigger than the club. Not even Kev. Or Pep. CTID.

looking at his Rennes stats, I very much doubt he will have a season with lots of goals really. he spent 3 full seasons at Rennes which is great for a young player to develop in top league even if its only Ligue 1, but in terms of shooting stats: 67 shots in 3 years resulting in 9 goals and then 34 shots at City resulting in 2 goals since.

thats an average of every 10th shot is a goal. with about every 3rd shot on target only, obviously most of his shots will be blocked and wide/above given he doesnt take them from across goal in sitters...

based on this I very much doubt he will have a season where he scored above 7/8 goals and even 7/8 will be the positive outlier if at all...
more like 3/5 per season, he is really not the type of winger pulling in high numbers in terms of goals. (Saka, Salah, Hazard type)

for that to work he needs to be faultless off the ball situations otherwise we added a player who are no more clinical than Grealish but also worse off the ball which isnt any type of upgrade on Mahrez or Palmer.

I’m not his biggest fan but when he comes on he doesn’t look confident, he’s young and hopefully will improve, but many thought he was going to be the next Sane which clearly he isn’t. I do wonder if if his confidence is shot at the momen, maybe a start and a really good game against Newcastle will help.
Hang on, you didn’t think he made an impact yesterday? He did more positive play in 20 minutes than the rest of our forwards. On the flip side he could have gifted them a pen by bottling a header but he was certainly more positive than mist.

He's not anywhere near on Palmers level right now mate.
Listen it’s different circumstances, Doku plays for an elite team so the stakes are vastly higher when he plays for City, where as Palmer plays for a basket case club, who are sitting in 10th place and even £100m plus players are playing shite. Palmer wouldn’t get the same amount of game time if he was still at City as he’s getting at Chelsea.

Listen it’s different circumstances, Doku plays for an elite team so the stakes are vastly higher when he plays for City, where as Palmer plays for a basket case club, who are sitting in 10th place and even £100m plus players are playing shite. Palmer wouldn’t get the same amount of game time if he was still at City as he’s getting at Chelsea.
It’s just a nonsense argument made by posters who need to be upset about something. Palmer would have played less than Bobb I reckon.

Why not compare 2 wingers?
Palmer isn't too different from Mahrez who mainly cut inside and had a superb left foot, like Palmer.

We don't know if Palmer would've played the same season had he stayed, and back then I thought it was fine he left.
Hindsight yeah, we have to admit we don't have enough goals from our wingers. Grealish, Doku, Bernardo? Foden does the job. Julian isn't too shabby as well.

I miss the confidence in Doku, the will to finish and score, the fight, the passionate body language, defensive work rate.
I do see all that in Palmer right now.

@eastmanc
It's a thread about Doku so let's talk about Doku. I accept a fanboy's opinion is different from a scout's analysis looking at both sides of the medal. I belong to the latter. In the same moment I'm fully behind the team, like everyone else. But one thing is for sure as well:

no player is bigger than the club. Not even Kev. Or Pep. CTID.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.