Media Discussion - 2023/24

Sorry I’ll be clearer……

Premier league & City were trying to keep it confidential & yet the Daily Mail went to court so they could report on it. Clearly someone tipped off the daily mail…. Who?

Parry
Gill
Levy
Could be any one of them, or some other low-life executive at the PL who has an axe to grind with us.

The PL want an exciting competition, with their favoured teams in the mix at the business end of the season. That's where they think they can boost their viewing figures and make even more profit. If we are allowed to run away with it again they think viewers will turn off.

Nothing wrong at all, but the allegation was that ADUG had paid it.

As to why both parties wanted the investigation to be private, I didn't pay much attention to those procedings. I suppose the answer is in the documentation. I may have a look later.

They really are running their case on a wing and a prayer then!

Could be any one of them, or some other low-life executive at the PL who has an axe to grind with us.

The PL want an exciting competition, with their favoured teams in the mix at the business end of the season. That's where they think they can boost their viewing figures and make even more profit. If we are allowed to run away with it again they think viewers will turn off.
That in a nutshell is why FFP was brought in. Then anyone can reach the summit with the right investment.
Imagine super Sunday ( the race for the title) with City, West Brom, Charlton and Sunderland. Imagine trying to sell that to the plastics. Similar in Europe, people don't want Ludogorets, Legia Warsaw, RB Salzburg and Girona stinking up the CL and advertisers and sponsors turning their back on the old gravy train

The guys a professional WUM. He thinks his opinion is the only one that should matter and that rules of the land and hearings should be somehow different because it’s football?

He actually thinks football is sat on some pedastal that should overide the laws of the land. Because he says so! He’s a Dick
Clearly this is the case, no one would wear those glasses if they listened to the opinions of sane and rational people

They really are running their case on a wing and a prayer then!

You know, I think their whole case falls at the first hurdle, really. If Mansour has so much influence in AD to tell two government owned and heavily regulated companies, Etihad and Etisalat, to accept money from him to pay sponsorshio to City, why wouldn't he just have told the AD government to fund the two companies directly with the additional money? It's not like they are short of 60 million a year ...

The whole premise doesn't make any sense.

That in a nutshell is why FFP was brought in. Then anyone can reach the summit with the right investment.
Imagine super Sunday ( the race for the title) with City, West Brom, Charlton and Sunderland. Imagine trying to sell that to the plastics. Similar in Europe, people don't want Ludogorets, Legia Warsaw, RB Salzburg and Girona stinking up the CL and advertisers and sponsors turning their back on the old gravy train

^ ^^^^^ This. That’s why some teams win their domestic league only to face round after round of playoffs - while United come a very poor third in the PL last season a good 14 points off the pace but not only get straight into the lucrative Group Stages but get seeded into pot 2 - with their inglorious recent history in the CL. FFS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.