Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fucking state of that. Never mind the headline, read the small print.

View attachment 99439

From the article:

“Just a year after the club's first major triumph of the Abu Dhabi United ownership - the 2012 acquisition of their first Premier League title.”

Not a win, or a victory, or a success, but an “acquisition”!

Must be that “dirty Arab oil money” BUYING shit again!

Blatantly offensive, yellow “journalism.”

The City of Manchester stadium cost £115 million to construct for the Commonwealth Games in Manchester in 2002. We pay the City council £5.5 million in rent each year, 20 years in the stadium means that the council will have had £110 million from City.

The South stand extension cost £50 million in 2015 and the North stand extension plus hotel will cost £300 million. City have paid more than their fair share than what the initial outlay for the stadium was. What was Herbert expecting to happen with the City Of Manchester stadium? It gets built and used for athletics maybe once or twice a year and that’s it? That’s how venues like the Don Valley stadium now don’t exist.
All true (and conveniently ignored by media herberts such as this tosser; 'Herbert' by name, 'herbert' by nature..). To expand on your post:

(a) No guaranteed football involvement, no stadium built (initially, it was offered to the Red Filth across town but they declined, 'preferring to develop Old Toilet'.. that turned out well, didn't it?)

(b) No agreement with City from the start, no stadium built and no successful Commonwealth Games in Manchester 2002.

(c) No successful Commonwealth Games in Manchester 2002, no Olympics in London 2012. Definite.

(d) City pay rent a-plenty to the local council as you say and also developed the ground by completing the full North stand and digging out the athletics track to reveal the lower layer and the full stadium (I understand this cost met by City taking out the bond of £25M approx. onto the club's financial books).

(e) Manchester Council took over and sold Maine Road to developers, earning north of £20M in the process towards council funds, so I understand?

(f) Incredible additional development of the area around the ground, transforming the wasteland that was East Manchester, again at a significant cost to the club, in excess of £220M as I understand it.

(g) South stand development also completed, with the North stand extension underway too. All costs once again being met by the club.

So..

A 'free stadium' like with the West Ham situation, when an incompetent, desperate set of government buffoons threw everything, every possible incentive at a football club to take a 'White Elephant' off its hands?

Do me a favour, Herbert.. just get to f**k with your partial, snide articles.

Talk Shite are really on it this morning, popped it on again while having a wash & Sheban Ohearn? is now saying Pep is to blame for the lack of spectacular goals from outside the box, the boiled bollock Brazil joining in with "city overplay the game to much"
I think we have our next manager in waiting when Pep packs up, Ladies & gentlemen please welcome the new Man City Manager Mr (get it in the mixer) boiled bollock Brazil :-)
Listening to this shit has really given me a good chuckle this morning.

All true (and conveniently ignored by media herberts such as this tosser; 'Herbert' by name, 'herbert' by nature..). To expand on your post:

(a) No guaranteed football involvement, no stadium built (initially, it was offered to the Red Filth across town but they declined, 'preferring to develop Old Toilet'.. that turned out well, didn't it?)

(b) No agreement with City from the start, no stadium built and no successful Commonwealth Games in Manchester 2002.

(c) No successful Commonwealth Games in Manchester 2002, no Olympics in London 2012. Definite.

(d) City pay rent a-plenty to the local council as you say and also developed the ground by completing the full North stand and digging out the athletics track to reveal the lower layer and the full stadium (I understand this cost met by City taking out the bond of £25M approx. onto the club's financial books).

(e) Manchester Council took over and sold Maine Road to developers, earning north of £20M in the process towards council funds, so I understand?

(f) Incredible additional development of the area around the ground, transforming the wasteland that was East Manchester, again at a significant cost to the club, in excess of £220M as I understand it.

(g) South stand development also completed, with the North stand extension underway too. All costs once again being met by the club.

So..

A 'free stadium' like with the West Ham situation, when an incompetent, desperate set of government buffoons threw everything, every possible incentive at a football club to take a 'White Elephant' off its hands?

Why would there not have been the Olympics

Maybe the dipps do have 1 person at uni then!

Mention Sprtwashing,MCFC and then find an event with 2 evil actors in the world and bingo Hatchet job done :
"It is therefore a prominent vehicle for attempts to exercise soft power on an international stage. Indeed, prominent examples of such attempts litter the pages of twentieth-century history, such as Mussolini and Hitler parading the strength of their fascist regimes through hosting the 1934 FIFA World Cup and the 1936 Summer Olympics respectively"
"What do call a scouser at University?"

"A cleaner"

So..

Didn't we also pay the £20 odd million to finish the North stand after the games? In which case we've paid everything back.
It's ours

That Daily Mail article says we “acquired” the PL title in 2012!

Cunts!
I prefer the phrase "City bought the title" for two reasons:
A) Because we did buy it, just as so many other teams have bought the title (and most cups) in the past. The best, or most influential, players at most title winning clubs were bought.
B) Because the media spent three years saying we couldn't buy success and we then proved them wrong. And we've spent a dozen years continuing to prove them wrong. I accept it's hardly difficult proving the British football media don't have a clue what they are on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.