Prostate cancer

Thanks. Let’s hope it’s no more than an enlarged prostate. I’ve certainly not been losing weight but regardless of whether this is cancer or not, I’m going to improve my diet and stick to it.

Generally, I eat healthy, but ruin it with far too many cakes, biscuits and sugary drinks. So I’ve already kicked that nonsense into touch this week and if nothing else, I’ll come out of this episode a lot slimmer!
Lost 10 lb in 10 days diet was ok except post 5 pm stopped all the shite even if it means going to bed at 7 pm lol
Feel better than ever but guess that will be railroaded will get results I guess before Easter
When do you expect yours thought it might have had them already?

Last edited:
List 10 lb in 10 days diet was ok except post 5 pm stopped all the shite even if it means going to bed at 7 pm lol
Feel better than ever but guess that will be railroaded will get results I guess before Easter
When do you expect yours thought it might have had them already?
Hard to tell. I read somewhere that when done privately, results are generally available in 3 working days. But it’s possible that I may have to wait longer - the consultant I see is only at the Alexandra on Mondays and the Easter holidays may delay things.

To be honest, I’m just putting it out of my mind. Biopsy isn’t until 11th so I won’t know the full picture until after then anyway.

Thanks. Let’s hope it’s no more than an enlarged prostate. I’ve certainly not been losing weight but regardless of whether this is cancer or not, I’m going to improve my diet and stick to it.

Generally, I eat healthy, but ruin it with far too many cakes, biscuits and sugary drinks. So I’ve already kicked that nonsense into touch this week and if nothing else, I’ll come out of this episode a lot slimmer!
You need some vices Rob but as you suggest everything in moderation.

on a selfish note we need you to co-ordinate the many music threads you engage in.

You are the equivalent of the Emil Gilels of this task.

Good friend of mine, and big Forest fan diagnosed this week. Note even 60. He’s always been lucky, and I so hope he keeps that vein of form up.
50’s to mid 60’s seems to be the danger age, after that it’s less aggressive and treatment is often for a enlarged gland that’s monitored but when the PSA’s readings are high removal is the best option.

Hope your mate gets through, as I’ve posted on here before my best mate of 54 years was diagnosed with incurable PC in 2015 as the cancer had spread to his Pelvis, still here, battling away and strong mentally and physically, incredible really.

Saw the consultant tonight and he says that he’s pretty sure it’s prostate cancer.

Good news is that the MRI showed that it hasn’t spread to the pelvis, lymph nodes, or anywhere else they can see. Going to have a bone scan to make sure, but he’d be surprised if it shows anything.

What the MRI did Show was a nodule on the cusp of breaking out of the prostate, and another abnormality that he’s less bothered about.

Biopsy on 11th April, results about 10 days later. Likely treatment is radiotherapy but he is leaving the possibility of surgery open.

Overall I feel relieved. I don’t mind telling you I was nervous when I walked through that door - it could have been life-changing. Admittedly, it is going to be a battle probably for the next year, but I feel lucky it has been caught relatively early.

If it needed saying again - don’t leave it too late - GET IT CHECKED.

I suspect that they could have caught this earlier if I’d gone after my 55th birthday, like I told myself I would. But it looks like I’m lucky that it is still treatable.

Saw the consultant tonight and he says that he’s pretty sure it’s prostate cancer.

Good news is that the MRI showed that it hasn’t spread to the pelvis, lymph nodes, or anywhere else they can see. Going to have a bone scan to make sure, but he’d be surprised if it shows anything.

What the MRI did Show was a nodule on the cusp of breaking out of the prostate, and another abnormality that he’s less bothered about.

Biopsy on 11th April, results about 10 days later. Likely treatment is radiotherapy but he is leaving the possibility of surgery open.

Overall I feel relieved. I don’t mind telling you I was nervous when I walked through that door - it could have been life-changing. Admittedly, it is going to be a battle probably for the next year, but I feel lucky it has been caught relatively early.

If it needed saying again - don’t leave it too late - GET IT CHECKED.

I suspect that they could have caught this earlier if I’d gone after my 55th birthday, like I told myself I would. But it looks like I’m lucky that it is still treatable.

Good luck mate at least if it is cancerous it looks like it's been caught in time. Normally unless aggressive, prostate cancer, even if you have it, is slow growing. One of my consultants said many men die with prostate cancer, not because of it and don't even know they had it. The prognosis is good if caught in time as he's probably explained to you.
I preach to every bloke I know to get checked. If I'm having a piss in a public toilet and see a bloke in pain or struggling to pee I fetch the subject up. I get some strange looks at first but they always ask me for more information. Most know something isn't right but out of fear and/or embarrassment they ignore it hoping it will go away. It won't. In the end if it is serious and progresses eventually they end up in hospital anyway, so putting it off isn't the answer.

I'm currently on two lots of antibiotics, after which I have to have another PSA test to see if the antibiotics killed any possible lurking infection that has raised my PSA higher than it should be. My latest MRI scan ( My fourth in ten years ).wasn't showing cause for concern but in six weeks my PSA had risen from 9.9 to 11.9, hence the need for a scan. Two months after the scan it had dropped slightly to 11.2. My consultant said he thinks that rules out cancer as it normally doesn't drop if it is it just keeps rising. I've lived with it for ten years it's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. As everyone here has said.......get checked!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.