Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Totally agree mate.

Using my analogy of going to a New York Mets baseball game, part of the fun would be to wear the home shirt and get involved with the fans and learn some of their chants etc. I wouldn't dream of going half way round the world, paying massively over the odds for a ticket to a game and then going out of my way to piss everyone around me off.

Doesn't compute at all.

Any tourist from anywhere in the world who sits near me at City, wears a City shirt, asks even really obvious questions about the game or the club etc and is respectful and wants to get involved is absolutely fine by me and I'd gladly take them under my wing for the day.

It's the pricks who have no respect who I can't stand.
Nicely said. Agree 100%.

It's too easy to blame tourists for any perceived bad atmosphere - there were plenty of them last year and they joined it with a great atmosphere. I think the atmosphere followed the game - we were in good voice at the start - but the team were playing so slowly we took on that energy - the best thing that happened for atmosphere and the pace of the game was Madrid scoring. The team picked up the pace - we started to get behind them and push them on - once we scored that energy continued for a while - but there came a point where we knew extra time was inevitable (perhaps after the KdB miss) and the team were tiring. Extra time was a struggle for us and for the players - I think we just all knew it wasn't running for us and that made it difficult to keep up a positive atmosphere - there was one moment in extra time when there was just a big collective sigh as a possible chance didn't materialise. Once Bernardo dinked that penalty into the keepers arms we knew it was over and that was reflected in the atmosphere.

What I was glad to see that no one was getting on the players backs or calling them useless/lazy/etc - most people stayed until the end when we stood and applauded their efforts and shared our collective disappointment that a great run was over.

What Soriano is seeing on the terraces at City now is no different to what he saw on the terraces at Barcelona. To us it's different. To him it's the norm. He thinks what we want and yearn for on the terraces isn't the norm. You have to get into his (Barca) CEO business mindset. That's the business model City has been built on, on the pitch, and on the terraces.

A few thoughts....

1: Tickets going to tourists/daytrippers/onlyfans weirdos

It is what it is. The club is clearly trying to profit from these big occasions, and whoever pays the most gets the tickets. My advice is to join cup schemes and pass tickets on to other, proper blues at face value for the games you can't attend. The demand for Champions League games is really high now.

Also, not every 'tourist' is the same. I had a lad next to me who'd flown in from India. He is City mad. He was singing and going for it more than most locals/regulars. Yes, you can argue he shouldn't get a ticket ahead of people who've done their time - but he's contributed and made sure the seat wasn't wasted. We need to embrace these fans... they're here to stay!

2: Atmosphere

Was generally good. Could have been better, but the game didn't really help. People saying it was rubbish need their ears checking!

3: People saying they're done with the UCL going forward

Screams of throwing dummy out the pram. If we would have won last night, I guarantee everyone would be scrambling for tickets for the semi-final. Despite UEFA, it's a brilliant competition. My favourite in fact. Last night we didn't get over the line, but there have been some amazing nights/atmospheres. Don't let other people stop you from enjoying OUR club's best nights!

Let's be positive. We can't win it every year. We've got two home games left which should and will be brilliant.

A few thoughts....

1: Tickets going to tourists/daytrippers/onlyfans weirdos

It is what it is. The club is clearly trying to profit from these big occasions, and whoever pays the most gets the tickets. My advice is to join cup schemes and pass tickets on to other, proper blues at face value for the games you can't attend. The demand for Champions League games is really high now.

Also, not every 'tourist' is the same. I had a lad next to me who'd flown in from India. He is City mad. He was singing and going for it more than most locals/regulars. Yes, you can argue he shouldn't get a ticket ahead of people who've done their time - but he's contributed and made sure the seat wasn't wasted. We need to embrace these fans... they're here to stay!

2: Atmosphere

Was generally good. Could have been better, but the game didn't really help. People saying it was rubbish need their ears checking!

3: People saying they're done with the UCL going forward

Screams of throwing dummy out the pram. If we would have won last night, I guarantee everyone would be scrambling for tickets for the semi-final. Despite UEFA, it's a brilliant competition. My favourite in fact. Last night we didn't get over the line, but there have been some amazing nights/atmospheres. Don't let other people stop you from enjoying OUR club's best nights!

Let's be positive. We can't win it every year. We've got two home games left which should and will be brilliant.
People like the City mad guy from India are exactly the sort of people who SHOULD be able to get tickets and I would 100% support the club in any scheme that says they ringfence a certain amount of tickets at face value for proper fans who live abroad.

We want people like him to come to the match, have a great time and hopefully make great memories to last a lifetime and spread the word about City back home.

He absolutely is not in the same bracket as these social media influencer twats and away fans in the home end.

I was in the Family Stand. What surprised me was the amount of groups in there. I stood waiting for someone after so I was there longer than I normally would be & couldn’t believe the amount of teachers or whoever were waiting for groups of 20-30 teenagers. At least 5/6 just in that part! That amounts to a lot of tickets not for City fans! My sons been to Spain on school football trips but it’s only ever been La Liga games he’s been to! They should have been offered Luton or nothing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.