It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I see there still some people speculating and making up on assumption straight out of their ass based on Rodri interview.

I said it again don't paint Rodri as this somekind bad guy who will not hesitate to slag off his own teammate in public interview regardless whether he is not directly mentioning the player in question or not.

But sure just keep spouting nonsense and presenting it like an absolute fact.
I haven’t seen any Rodri backlash?

By all accounts he’s going to sign a new deal in the summer that makes him one of the highest paid players we have and secure his future for the foreseeable future

Have seen this account on Twitter before and people say good for info.

He’s got limited options. Most clubs he'd sign for can’t afford his fee.

The ones that can, he probably doesn’t want to go to.

I heard a rumour last week that Barca would offer the £50m, but over multiple years. If we don’t accept that, then his only other options are PSG or being a makeweight in a Joao Neves deal.

He’s got limited options. Most clubs he'd sign for can’t afford his fee.

The ones that can, he probably doesn’t want to go to.

I heard a rumour last week that Barca would offer the £50m, but over multiple years. If we don’t accept that, then his only other options are PSG or being a makeweight in a Joao Neves deal.
Latter option is the second best option. 1st is staying

They were unicorns when we signed Laporte, yet now every time we're linked with a defender he's left-footed. Has their been a breeding programme?

Cherki is such a maverick, isn't he? If he ever gets his head screwed on properly, he'll be a joy to watch.
I think with Cherki, he’s been ‘around’ for a while now (bloody young and I’m still saying that). Sometimes, it can be a good thing and sometimes bad. I’m surprised he hasn’t left France. If I’m being honest, he’s someone I’d have taken before Doku just because of how comfortable he is using either foot. Does anyone use his feet the way he does in football currently (deciding which foot to use for set-pieces and such depending where on the pitch).

Anyhoo, like you said, if he can get his head screwed on properly…

I think with Cherki, he’s been ‘around’ for a while now (bloody young and I’m still saying that). Sometimes, it can be a good thing and sometimes bad. I’m surprised he hasn’t left France. If I’m being honest, he’s someone I’d have taken before Doku just because of how comfortable he is using either foot. Does anyone use his feet the way he does in football currently (deciding which foot to use for set-pieces and such depending where on the pitch).

Anyhoo, like you said, if he can get his head screwed on properly…
He’s too much of an individual for most teams, and even though he’s not yet 21, he’s still struggling to play 90 minutes on a regular basis. It’s such a pity, because, as you say, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more naturally gifted player with both feet, and he should be worth a fortune given he can play anywhere. Until the centime drops, however, and he realises that there are teammates in better positions to whom he could pass, he’ll never fulfil his potential.

Agree. But the players who walk into our team or push those in the starting line up are world elite, non-transferable players. Musiala, wirtz etc aren’t leaving anytime soon and when they do they’ll end up at the cartel.
Most players are transferable for the right price. Wirtz is staying and Bayern bound in 2025, but it seems that Musiala might wanna leave, and then it won’t be up to Bayern.

I am totally on board with signing Paqueta if Musiala isn’t possible. Probably the best player outside the top 6 clubs. Works his socks off, solid defensively and a good creator. A Paqueta-Rodri-Foden midfield looks very well balanced. Frimpong should definitely be available and Kimmich might be too.

There are definitely available players out there that would improve the squad. Targeting the likes of Robinson, Ait-Nouri, Eze or Olise seems completely pointless to me and a tremendous waste of money. Sign someone that strengthens the team or don’t sign anyone at all. A treble winning team shouldn’t be targeting players that would struggle for game time at Newcastle, Villa, rags etc.

Money is only a partial indicator of potential success. For every Philips, there's a Fernandinho. For every Mangala, there's an Akanji.

I was excited about Philips, as were most of us in truth & upto last August, I was hoping he'd have a far better second season. However, all that changed with Rodri's interview in the Fail about playing too much football & fearing for his health.

For me that was obviously directed at Kalvin, & there's no way Rodri would've given those comments without City being aware & agreeing.

In November, Pep apologised to Philips for not playing him, & said he was such a lovely guy. But crucially he said loan & permanent offers had come in for him which were put to the player & he declined the moves & opted to stay & fight for his place.

My position toward Philips changed with Rodri's interview & hardened after Pep's press conference. They see him in training every day & know him best.

With all the best will & effort in the world, his signing was a mistake. He left for WHU & his career has tanked further.

In terms of signings, we win some, we lose some.
Close, but actually we win most and lose some : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.