VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if he's not corrupt what's the explanation for him not being able to see that Young doesn't get the ball in the third penalty claim. I assume you can see that he didn't?

Your only rspinse is that he's totally incompetent and should be sacked right? Let's see if he is shall we? I won't hold my breath.
It was a penalty. The VAR bar is ridiculously high this season though.

The issue i have is that rather than fearing re-refereeing, they are now trying to find a way to back up their mate’s decision as much as possible.

I think the audio will be released for the third decision, so will reserve judgement on why he didn’t send Taylor to the monitor.

So if he's not corrupt what's the explanation for him not being able to see that Young doesn't get the ball in the third penalty claim. I assume you can see that he didn't?

Your only rspinse is that he's totally incompetent and should be sacked right? Let's see if he is shall we? I won't hold my breath.

Personally I think Webb has screwed it this year with his wanting to keep it onfield as much as possible. If you’re going to do that, then just change VAR to being objective decisions only, he’s created an even more stupid middle ground that was stupid anyway in the first place.

Personally I only think the third one was a clear and obvious error and Forest complaining about all three also doesn’t help their cause.

Chelsea 2-1 is the link. (Cornet disallowed goal)
We’re clearly not going to agree on this if you think a defeat in a league game in September has the same impact. Imagine Bowen’s goal had been ruled out for a toenail offside call not given on the field in the European final last season and you’d lost in extra time / penalties.

Anyway, bed time for me - VAR nightmares incoming no doubt.

It was a penalty. The VAR bar is ridiculously high this season though.

The issue i have is that rather than fearing re-refereeing, they are now trying to find a way to back up their mate’s decision as much as possible.

I think the audio will be released for the third decision, so will reserve judgement on why he didn’t send Taylor to the monitor.
We shall see. I'm just fed up with incompetent officials. If there is corrupt officiating in the game it would be incredibly damaging. So I despately hope that isn't the case but i feel the powers that be would also do everything they could to cover it up to protect their product.

The secrecy and lack of acountability in PGMOL doesn't help and isn't acceptable imo. Anyway rant over for now. Goodnight

Personally I think Webb has screwed it this year with his wanting to keep it onfield as much as possible. If you’re going to do that, then just change VAR to being objective decisions only, he’s created an even more stupid middle ground that was stupid anyway in the first place.

Personally I only think the third one was a clear and obvious error and Forest complaining about all three also doesn’t help their cause.
What's the explanation for the last one and what should be the consequences for Atwell?

We’re clearly not going to agree on this if you think a defeat in a league game in September has the same impact. Imagine Bowen’s goal had been ruled out for a toenail offside call not given on the field in the European final last season and you’d lost in extra time / penalties.

Anyway, bed time for me - VAR nightmares incoming no doubt.
Using this rationale, Forest shouldn’t be arsed about some low end league game in April. ;-)

What are they going to achieve by these tweets? They’ll just get a mega fine and their manager potentially getting a touchline ban.
Presumably an investigation into whether club allegiance for VAR officials should follow on field official rules might be achievable? In addition, an investigation into the competence of Atwell would also be a possibility and given his track record wouldn’t be pretty for him. In any other arena of business these investigations would be done. But not football.

Why?

I can’t. In all likelihood, there will have been games manipulated. However, if there’s no proof, then all you have is gut feelings, which don’t do anything.
And how do you prove things? Gather evidence and investigate. In both semi finals the integrity of the officiating has been publicly called into question. In any other industry you’d investigate. In football it’s “nothing to see here”.

Why?

What's the explanation for the last one and what should be the consequences for Atwell?

I’ve no idea unless we hear from Atwell. Like I said, I think that one was a shocker. Depending on his answer, then there should be consequences for Atwell and maybe Webb too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.