Jamal Musiala

i don't know what everyone see in him. yes, he can dribble better than Grealish and pause better than Doku, but i just don't see it.

you think you will get Alonso ? the ex liverpool guy ?

I don't think his Liverpool allegiance stops him managing City personally. He had a great relationship with Pep and I can see him being convinced to come to us.

But I personally don't think there's anything secretive going on and he simply wants to stay and continue to develop at Leverkusen. Big jobs are going to come up and he'll get that chance in the future. He probably feels it's much better to stay at the Bundesliga winners than move to Bayern who aren't as good at the moment. Liverpool's a job you're destined to fail at replacing Klopp. There's a job at Real in a couple of years he could go for.

i don't know what everyone see in him. yes, he can dribble better than Grealish and pause better than Doku, but i just don't see it.

I'm on the fence. I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him. He's got plenty of experience for his age and could be developed into an excellent player. But his scoring record in Europe and for Germany is quite poor and that's where I'd be concerned. Just turned 21 though and with a lot of experience so got lots of plus points. Also knows English football having played the majority of his youth football here.

Nope - Alonso is RM bound

Depends , being the successor to Peps biggest project and multiple trophy winning team could be a bigger pull than Madrid.

Forget teams , if Alonso gets a phone call from Pep one of the greatest managers in the game saying I want you to be the guy to take over my project. To be my successor that’s a massive deal. That’s really hard to turn down, especially for someone who’s worked under Pep learnt from Pep.

When Pep leaves which I hope is not soon, the city job will be one of the biggest a manager would want. Just because of the reputation Pep has. From what we know from lu Martin one of the journalists close to Pep. Pep wants to pick his successor.

I think that's a bit blue-tinted - he's given the most PR-safe answer I've ever heard from a footballer there with no real ambiguity.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong, though!
See where you are coming from - but some players do kill rumours in interviews, could be something like “I’m at happy at Bayern”

See where you are coming from - but some players do kill rumours in interviews, could be something like “I’m at happy at Bayern”

True. But then I don't think many do nowadays because they like to keep their options open - Bayern could be fucked in 5 years and he knows it. So could we.

Haaland gave a similar answer in a recent interview if I'm not mistaken. But then we'll be in League 2 in 5 years anyway! ;)

I don't think his Liverpool allegiance stops him managing City personally. He had a great relationship with Pep and I can see him being convinced to come to us.

But I personally don't think there's anything secretive going on and he simply wants to stay and continue to develop at Leverkusen. Big jobs are going to come up and he'll get that chance in the future. He probably feels it's much better to stay at the Bundesliga winners than move to Bayern who aren't as good at the moment. Liverpool's a job you're destined to fail at replacing Klopp. There's a job at Real in a couple of years he could go for.
he said he wanted to manage the clubs he played for; i would be even more shocked by this than Musiala exit

Who knows but it will be a disaster for the Bundesliga if history repeats itself and Bayern are yet again able to dismantle a club that has been able to pose a genuine threat to their dominance. I can sew Wirtz and Alonso installed at Bayern in 2025 but, you have to ask if that’s a good thing for-the league.
what you mean is Bayern have to wait for clubs from outside of Germany to take their best players and coach; Bayer doesnt have financial strenght to keep them

Also Alonso was approached before when Arteta left. Chose to go to Leverkusen and has clearly been a brilliant move for him.

Managers coaching who they played for… sure it happens but it’s not the be all and end all. Pep had a trial at City we chose not to sign him. He never played for Munich.

Take Alonso he had connections with Sociedad but no connection to Leverkusen so what?
so based on this you imagine Alonso could also be coaching Barca.....the guy said he would like to coach the clubs he played for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.