Norwich post match thread

This used to happen with Tevez, and it’s starting to creep in with Yaya.

Rather than playing to the strengths of the team, we’re slowing the game down to suit Yaya’s style. It creates the impression that he’s dictating the pace, but in the meantimes, other players are struggling to get into the game. The full backs cramp the wingers, and we struggle for space. Fine if we score a couple of early goals, but incredibly frustrating when we don’t.

Pellegrini claimed that he didn’t like our formation at the swamp, but the formation was fine. It was the forwards who let us down that day, but rather than a little bit of tinkering, he reverts to his tried and trusted 4-4-2, leaving us once more, outnumbered and outpaced in midfield.

Did we win? Yes

Will we win the League with that style, and Yaya having that much influence? No

We are not going to win every game 5-1 the sooner some people get that into their heads the more relaxed they will be, sometimes we are going to win ugly it's what potential champions do

We are not going to win every game 5-1 the sooner some people get that into their heads the more relaxed they will be, sometimes we are going to win ugly it's what potential champions do

I would have been happy with a 1-0 yesterday. Up to 80 mins we were fine. The last 15 mins was a bit wild from a defending point of view. We need to cut out this sloppy play that seems to cost us goals almost every time.

This used to happen with Tevez, and it’s starting to creep in with Yaya.

Rather than playing to the strengths of the team, we’re slowing the game down to suit Yaya’s style. It creates the impression that he’s dictating the pace, but in the meantimes, other players are struggling to get into the game. The full backs cramp the wingers, and we struggle for space. Fine if we score a couple of early goals, but incredibly frustrating when we don’t.

Pellegrini claimed that he didn’t like our formation at the swamp, but the formation was fine. It was the forwards who let us down that day, but rather than a little bit of tinkering, he reverts to his tried and trusted 4-4-2, leaving us once more, outnumbered and outpaced in midfield.

Did we win? Yes

Will we win the League with that style, and Yaya having that much influence? No

Sorry, dont agree with this at all. Toure had a good game yesterday - showed vision and creativity, picking out telling passes from deep and slotting a critical penalty under pressure. Yes if we dont break through early, we can struggle, but so would any team in Europe deprived of their best two players who are both world top ten quality.

The games are coming thick and fast. 3 points and wins are the most important thing.

That's definitely how it felt yesterday. Whenever we miss lots of chances we create there comes a point where you start thinking "as long as it's not one of those days I don't care how we end up winning". We won. All that matters. Nearly one of those days.

Otamendi and Vinny look a very good partnership. I had my doubts but just shows once again the scouts/technical staff got the signing bang on. It's a shame for Mangala but that's football.

Another assist for KDB. Thought Kelechi did okay although it's hard when the striker he's supporting is struggling.

Toure for me showed once again why he's so important to how we play. IN tight games like yesterday his passing and his ability to get involved in the attack is crucial.

Bring on Sevilla.

One thing I really like - we are back to scoring late goals to salvage matches, as we did in both our Champion seasons and we didn't last year. In the final reckoning, this win will be critical, as will be Kelechi's goal at Palace. Look how the Scum were played off the park in the second half by the same Palace team (who are in worse form than when we faced them) and decidedly lucky to get a point.

That's definitely how it felt yesterday. Whenever we miss lots of chances we create there comes a point where you start thinking "as long as it's not one of those days I don't care how we end up winning". We won. All that matters. Nearly one of those days.

Otamendi and Vinny look a very good partnership. I had my doubts but just shows once again the scouts/technical staff got the signing bang on. It's a shame for Mangala but that's football.

Another assist for KDB. Thought Kelechi did okay although it's hard when the striker he's supporting is struggling.

Toure for me showed once again why he's so important to how we play. IN tight games like yesterday his passing and his ability to get involved in the attack is crucial.

Bring on Sevilla.

Taking Toure off was a mistake for me. He controls our play in games like that. We were like headless chickens after he went off. He was our best player with Ottamendi yesterday.

Toure is fine when we have the ball. When we don't is when he becomes a problem and once again Pellegrini now has to work out whether he can afford to pick him away at Sevilla when they are going to have 60% possession.

Taking Toure off was a mistake for me. He controls our play in games like that. We were like headless chickens after he went off. He was our best player with Ottamendi yesterday.

Agree with this. He also would have slotted the final penalty and we would have gained one goal over Arsenal in a race that might well go down to goal difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.