"City Tearing Cockneys Apart Again"

So we now have a gang of 16/17 year olds going round telling any Blue with a southern or Midlands accent to do one or face trouble!

It doesn't affect me but it's not great for the legions of Blues from South of Manchester who've spent their

People can pretend we have a 100 percent fan base from Manchester if they like!
They'll be ex rags ! Yosser Hughes was doing it years ago !

Even the dictionary definitions are more Mockney than Cockney. The definition below claims a Cockney is an East Ender and someone born within the sound of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow church. Blues who know London well will realise this doesn't hold true geographically!

1. (Peoples) (often capital) a native of London, esp of the working class born in the East End, speaking a characteristic dialect of English. Traditionally defined as someone born within the sound of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow church

Even the dictionary definitions are more Mockney than Cockney. The definition below claims a Cockney is an East Ender and someone born within the sound of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow church. Blues who know London well will realise this doesn't hold true geographically!

1. (Peoples) (often capital) a native of London, esp of the working class born in the East End, speaking a characteristic dialect of English. Traditionally defined as someone born within the sound of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow church
I've never understood that "Cockney" thing. St Mary Le Bow is actually yards from St Pauls and not in the East End.

Never used to be a problem getting tickets to Arsenal anyway. I guess demand is much higher nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.