Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did they pay for Ozil and Sanchez in the last 2 seasons?
And apart from that focusing on transfer feels is a bit if obfuscation as most of the spending incurred is on wages.
And arsenal have spent far more in the last 15 years than the average side.

Bottomline is, no one talked about money pre-2009 when they discussed Manure or arsenal. I don't recall anyone taunting fergie when goat and Co regularly beat his teams, despite them fielding several players who cost as much as the entire city 11.

And apart from that focusing on transfer feels is a bit if obfuscation as most of the spending incurred is on wages.
And arsenal have spent far more in the last 15 years than the average side.

Bottomline is, no one talked about money pre-2009 when they discussed Manure or arsenal. I don't recall anyone taunting fergie when goat and Co regularly beat his teams, despite them fielding several players who cost as much as the entire city 11.

Money has always been discussed pal but I agree their is more emphasis on it nowadays. Culturally money and fame is what people use as barometers of succcess and importance.

Evening exeter. Not frugal but I think, deep down, you get the point.

I had a lovely sporting wkend at the Manor house in Okehampton not so long ago. Great part of the world

It's funny how people never explore what's on their own doorstep. I grew up a couple of miles to the east of Exeter, and was conditioned to regard what lay to the west of it, as some kind of prototype Royston Vasey. I've been to Plymouth and Cornwall no more than about 3 times, and Okehampton the grand total of once, so I don't know about any sporting Manor House, although there is one at Mortonhampstead. Funny folk down there. I'm surprised you didn't end up in some kind of cauldron with a few turnips!

It's funny how people never explore what's on their own doorstep. I grew up a couple of miles to the east of Exeter, yet regarded what lay beyond Haldon Hill to the west of it, as some kind of prototype Royston Vasey. I've been to Plymouth and Cornwall no more than about 3 times, and Okehampton the grand total of once! Funny folk down there. I'm surprised you didn't end up in some kind of cauldron with a few turnips
I'm from Cornwall and we used to eat the emmets,only some of them

It's funny how people never explore what's on their own doorstep. I grew up a couple of miles to the east of Exeter, and was conditioned to regard what lay to the west of it, as some kind of prototype Royston Vasey. I've been to Plymouth and Cornwall no more than about 3 times, and Okehampton the grand total of once, so I don't know about any sporting Manor House, although there is one at Mortonhampstead. Funny folk down there. I'm surprised you didn't end up in some kind of cauldron with a few turnips!

Without derailing the thread its all a bit new to me having moved to Dorset in the last year. So ive been pretty excited to explore. Similarly I have a work colleague who loves running and has been all over the peak district, which puts me to shame.

Favourite places are lulworth cove, portland basin and west bay (Broadchurch). I hope you have been to them Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.