EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well either your hearing is faulty or your telling porkies because he has said no such thing, his point was to judge people from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD who want to come here on their merit of what they can bring to Britain.
Playing the race card will bit you on the arse sometimes little leftie ;0)
It's exactly what he has said. I note your various attempts at insults. I can only recommend medication and therapy. I hope you get well soon.

I replied to your post that was arguing trade wouldn't be affected. Then magically all of a sudden when I offer a response "it's not about trade"

Funny that.

I'll respond to the rest of your post when I have the time, but it looked a lot like opinion being passed off as fact on a cursory glance
I'm offering my opinion that for me this isn't about trade. It's about restoring the primacy of the British Parliament, restoring the primacy of the British legal system, restoring the ability to control the number of people coming to this country, restoring the ability to decide which trades or skills this country needs and admitting people based on that rather than where they live, retrieving the 9 billion pounds a year that membership of this organisation costs us, and because I actually believe it's in the best interests of all the people of Europe that the EU wakes up to the fact it's heading in the wrong direction. The arguments about trade are almost a side show to me, but I do believe that there's a lot of scaremongering going on designed to intimidate a largely sceptical public into voting to stay.

Every day brings a new scare story out of the remain camp. Today it's about energy prices and how they will go up if we leave the EU. I haven't got time to research it yet but I'll give the remain camp credit for a consistent propaganda programme that will no doubt wear people down in the end. We live in interesting times and an analysis of these few months should be included in any universities' political science degree in how democracy can be manipulated to suit. It's an eye opener for the young.
I wonder what the scare will be tomorrow.

Every day brings a new scare story out of the remain camp. Today it's about energy prices and how they will go up if we leave the EU. I haven't got time to research it yet but I'll give the remain camp credit for a consistent propaganda programme that will no doubt wear people down in the end. We live in interesting times and an analysis of these few months should be included in any universities' political science degree in how democracy can be manipulated to suit. It's an eye opener for the young.

Im seeing much more OUT propaganda to be honest.

Interesting graphic from the IFT.
Someones chips will be out of the pram

818.jpg

I'm a taxpaying uk citizen who sees some of his money siphoned off to the super rich, and I cannot be a little bit bitter about it?

I wish I was like you and could pretend it doesn't happen... then I would lol or pmsl or whatever acronym you kids are using now

You're not thinking this through are you. None of your money is going to the super rich. The government spends around £91bn every year, money it takes off people to give to other people in the form of benefits, or on the heath service, education, defence etc.

How much of that £91bn is paid to the top 1% of the UK's richest people do you think?

ZERO. In fact quite the opposite. The top 1% of earners contribute about 1/3rd of the entire total tax take. These top earners pay 45% tax on most of their income. And yet (in the main) they pay for their own kids educations, they pay for their own medical treatment, they fund their own pensions, they don't get unemployment benefit, nor any of the other things that most people get. They don't even get a personal allowance. They put 1/3rd of the entire government's revenue in, and get fuck all back.

Last edited:
Interesting graphic from the IFT.
Someones chips will be out of the pram

818.jpg

Interesting. But misleading (at best, arguably just plain wrong), and presumbaly therefore put together by someone with an agenda.

If you earn less than £120k per year then the above is correct. Above £120k (which I think we might all agree we could call "Richest") then it is not. The "Richest" are worse off since they receive no personal allowance (and therefore do not benefit from the increased personal allowance) and the changes to NI mean they are worse off.

Im seeing much more OUT propaganda to be honest.

Really? I'm trying to be as detached as I possibly can be because I'm waiting on the Scottish polls before deciding which way to vote but the way I see it is that the remain group are getting most of the air time whilst the leave group are given some chances to react. Maybe I'm watching too much BBC which tends to be biased towards staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.