EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that simple is it. It would only be more secure if we tightened up the boarder security which would make it harder to get in and out of the coutry and make us more isolated so the security gain only comes with an economic cost. We could close all the boarders and be really safe but the economy would tank - it is a sliding scale with a big negative influence attached and to just point out one side of that scale is a completely flawed argument.
I never understand what the phrase 'tightening the borders' means, especially on this sceptred isle.

However, I hear that Farage wants to stop EU migration and replace it ['when needed'] by commonwealth migration. Given the ageing population, that'll mean more brown and black faces, not less. Oh the irony for the Daily Mail reading classes...

current MI6 chief says the opposite, pretty much all other intelligence chiefs say the opposite, why you not post that news Urmie? Some people might find it interesting

The current head of MI6 would reflect the government view if he wanted to keep his job, however I can find no direct quote from him or these other intelligence chiefs, perhaps because civil servants have been instructed not to voice their opinions.

The current head of MI6 would reflect the government view if he wanted to keep his job, however I can find no direct quote from him or these other intelligence chiefs, perhaps because civil servants have been instructed not to voice their opinions.
Yeah, just one giant conspiracy.

current MI6 chief says the opposite, pretty much all other intelligence chiefs say the opposite, why you not post that news Urmie? Some people might find it interesting

The current security chief knows what side his bread is buttered. He is a government employee and would probably find himself out of a job if he started voicing opinions which are the opposite of the PM's on EU membership or any matter.

However, I hear that Farage wants to stop EU migration and replace it ['when needed'] by commonwealth migration. Given the ageing population, that'll mean more brown and black faces, not less. Oh the irony for the Daily Mail reading classes...

Well either your hearing is faulty or your telling porkies because he has said no such thing, his point was to judge people from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD who want to come here on their merit of what they can bring to Britain.
Playing the race card will bit you on the arse sometimes little leftie ;0)

This isn't about trade, we have always traded with European countries and whether we are in or out of the EU we always will, most of the world is not a member and trades perfectly happily with it. The EU is an undemocratic, corrupt, overly regulated, bureaucrats paradise which has gradually eroded the supremecy of the British parliament and courts, and the pro EU side know that there is no affection for this organisation amongst the British people so they are resorting to scare tactics about economic meltdown, just as their predecessors did over the Euro. And we are not alone, across Europe the penny is dropping that the EU is a failing political and monetary project that is killing jobs and growth, and ignoring the will of the people. 48% of Dutch people recently said they wanted out of the EU, and anti EU parties are doing well in the very heartland of the project in France and Germany. It makes no sense for the EU to impose tariffs on British goods because they sell us much more than we sell them so their imposition would be a clear indication that this organisation seeks to punish those who express their democratic will to no longer be a member, Is that the type of organisation we want to be part of? What does this tell us about the type of organisation this is? The clear implication is that they know full well that a Britain freed of the chains of EU regulation and able to make our own trade deals with growing economies across the globe would prosper, and the need to protect their political project is more important than the well being of their own people and a country which despite having voted to leave will always be a close ally. I'm not sure using this argument does the pro EU side any favours.

I replied to your post that was arguing trade wouldn't be affected. Then magically all of a sudden when I offer a response "it's not about trade"

Funny that.

I'll respond to the rest of your post when I have the time, but it looked a lot like opinion being passed off as fact on a cursory glance

I've seen the standard of your usual sources so I'm not surprised you can't find information supporting the opposite side of the argument.

Anyone interested there's a nice article in the ft today about the analysis on brexit across three institutes.

For those who actually want to read about how they've come up with with their findings and model assumptions it's interesting. Offers insight into the data.

Dickie Dearlove reckoned that the government and media had exaggerated the Islamist terrorism threat to the UK, giving extremists publicity counter-productive to UK interests, not long back.

Well either your hearing is faulty or your telling porkies because he has said no such thing, his point was to judge people from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD who want to come here on their merit of what they can bring to Britain.
Playing the race card will bit you on the arse sometimes little leftie ;0)

No, his exact words were
"That’s why Ukip has developed a policy focused around an Australian-style points-based system, led by a newly formed Migration Control Commission, tasked with bringing numbers down, and focusing on highly skilled migrants and our Commonwealth friends – as opposed to the low-skilled, eastern European migration that the Tories and Labour have expanded."

Clearly he is not judging people from the east of Europe and the same as our Commonwealth friends.
Trying to twist words will always bite you on the arse little rwnj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.