EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but thats a ridiculous decision to change your mind based on that. your aren't voting to leave because boris and farage are privileged. david cameron, osbourne, most remain politicians are toffs and part of the elite. near enough all politicians are. i think you were always going to vote remain.
I've been OUT for the month I've been considering it so far. As of recent, I just feel we're being played by the BREXIT campaign - false hopes, easy to get a large proportion of the nation on side through things like immigration and other false promises.

They don't give up power like that. 2 sects of elite playing off against each other is all it comes down to for me now, besides what i'm sure will prove to be superficial stuff.

Ok, is someone able to answer for me: which vote will give the best chance of keeping the NHS state funded and preventing privatisation/poor healthcare?

Or does it really come to that... poor healthcare vs. privatisation? Or will neither prevent privatisation?

And Brexit allies you with people like Farage who last election had to defend video footage of himself saying the NHS free at the point of need should be closed and replaced by an insurance backed system ( I did kinda think that was what NI was originally about ) but hey ho damned if you do damned if you don't

No, that's precisely the point. Farage is a figurehead, one of several, for the short term result: which is a leave vote.

What I'm saying is that an out vote would be a play for a much broader and longterm vision of Britain. Which we can all have a say in. That's the point. Have faith in our electorate.

You need to look past discomfort around people like Farage and look at the much broader picture.

We know what we get with the EU, and we know that it's pretty fucking shit. And we all know that it's going to get worse as they'll become emboldened should we vote to remain.

No, that's precisely the point. Farage is a figurehead, one of several, for the short term result: which is a leave vote.

What I'm saying is that an out vote would be a play for a much broader and longterm vision of Britain. Which we can all have a say in. That's the point. Have faith in our electorate.

You need to look past discomfort around people like Farage and look at the much broader picture.

We know what we get with the EU, and we know that it's pretty fucking shit. And we all know that it's going to get worse as they'll become emboldened should we vote to remain.
Shit, I am afraid that's life and it's not going to be solved in or out. As Hobbes said life is Nasty, brutish and short - but it's all you've got

You couldn't make this up. Richard Branson, who has pleaded with voters to Remain in the EU, is moving part of his business to Switzerland. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Virgin-Switzerland-blow-British-economy.html

As ever with people like him and Dave "We're all in this together" Cameron, it's do as I say, not do as I do.

You mean like Brexit campaigners keep quoting James Dysons view we should leave - the same James Dyson who moved his production facility to Malaysia? Its do as I say not as I do.

Ok, is someone able to answer for me: which vote will give the best chance of keeping the NHS state funded and preventing privatisation/poor healthcare?

Or does it really come to that... poor healthcare vs. privatisation? Or will neither prevent privatisation?
directly I suspect neither directly influence, however one of my drivers to vote in is the breakup of uk, Johnson as PM and perpetual Tory rule - which will spell the end of the NHS. But that is long term Tory rule and not brexit to that is the danger

The broader picture is this time next year we are trying to negotiate our way out of the EU whilst somehow simultaneously trying to negotiate hundreds of trade deals across the globe. The pound has dropped in value so our trade deficit value has grown - petrol is more expensive - goods in the shops are more expensive- an I am worse off and potentially out of work. That is a little more than mere discomfort.

You only have to look at EU Trade Commissioner Cecila Malmstrom to see this level of contempt for ordinary citizens, when voters of all political persuasions throughout the EU, rail against the unpopular TTIP deal. Over here there has been opposition from everyone from the TUSC, to Corbyn, Burnham and McDonnell, the RMT and ASLEF, Unite, The Greens, Lib Dems such as Charles Kennedy, large swathes of UKIP, Tories such as Peter Lilley and Zac Goldsmith, the BNP, Plaid, many SNP members and so on.

Cecilia Malmström’s boast that she ‘does not take her mandate from the European people’ was added to this week when she told the EU Business Summit in Brussels that she has no intention of submitting TTIP or CETA to public approval. She has also stated that ‘local opposition is a menace to multilateral agreements, and that ‘We can’t have local referendums on all trade agreements if we want to be serious. If we do that, we can close the shop.’

That sums up the arrogance of those in power. The working class have had enough of being "collateral damage" in globalisation.'

It sums up that until John Hilary releases the tape where she actually said those words we will never know, as she has denied saying that.
And before you respond with she would deny it, people would equally say he would put his slant on it.
At the moment it is one person's word against another.
The question i would be asking is if she has said it, why has he not produced the smoking gun?

It sums up that until John Hilary releases the tape where she actually said those words we will never know, as she has denied saying that.
And before you respond with she would deny it, people would equally say he would put his slant on it.
At the moment it is one person's word against another.
The question i would be asking is if she has said it, why has he not produced the smoking gun?

You'd have thought Brexit would want that to push them over the line - or maybe its just not that accurate a quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.