Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

A multitude of separate issues rolled into one issue - attendance.

I went Tuesday night.
I'm in the cup scheme.
Match was called off just as we got into the city square.

Managed to get a tram into Mcr, Bury line was closed so forked out £30 for a taxi home.

Damn right I phoned up this morning and requested a refund for my ticket, as I work shifts and I turn down enough work as it is to go to Matches.
I worked tonight, finished at 4am.
I ain't rushing around after the match finishes at 9:30pm to then do a full shift which I had previously agreed to do.

Does Pep live in the real fucking world?
He earns more per day than I probably earn in a year.
I dont have chauffeur driven cars, apartments in the centre, and if I want to watch live football I certainly don't get fucking paid for it.

Fuck it. This is my last season as a St holder.
It's being cancelled in May, Soriano can go fuck himself and you're more than welcome to all the Chinese tourist half n half scarf wearing cunts.

I'm sick of being told how I should spend my hard earned by rich cunts and it's just too much of an inconvenience both time wise and financially in watching live football now.

Punished for being a skint football fan.

This is a rich man's game now, with the spectators at the top level of the game now being tourists (or the club forcing out the regulars to replace em with tourists)

What have the club offered in way of compensation for all those who paid but couldn't attend last night, i am aware Bmg have refunded everyone who had a ticket regardless of attendance. Cost us a sma!l fortune and wasted hours on Tuesday, which was unavoidable, but where is the connection between the club and affected fans, it cuts both ways

I went Tuesday night.
I'm in the cup scheme.

Managed to get a tram into Mcr, Bury line was closed so forked out £30 for a taxi home.

Damn right I phoned up this morning and requested a refund for my ticket, as I work shifts and I turn down enough work as it is to go to Matches.
I ain't rushing around after the match finishes at 9:30pm to then do a full shift which I had previously agreed to do.

I dont have chauffeur driven cars, apartments in the centre, and if I want to watch live football I certainly don't get fucking paid for it.

It's being cancelled in May, Soriano can go fuck himself and you're more than welcome to all the Chinese tourist half n half scarf wearing cunts.

I'm sick of being told how I should spend my hard earned by rich cunts and it's just too much of an inconvenience both time wise and financially in watching live football now.

This is a rich man's game now, with the spectators at the top level of the game now being tourists (or the club forcing out the regulars to replace em with tourists)
Again it wasn't about this game and it was only an appeal to all City fans not a personal bashing of season ticket holders. Why is everyone so touchy about it? Fact is it does look bad and draws negative press, City fans wanted City to be a big club... press, global image counts now. We do have a large working class fan base, that means not everyone can afford to go to the cup games along with league games and as I said though there's many who can't afford to get a season ticket as well as those on the waiting list who would probably love to go, the club should make it easier for those fans to come along, I'm pretty certain demand is there.

Something does need to change and we should really be seeing a full house in the Champions League that's all there is to it, there's nothing personal about it everyone needs to just think about the club and not themselves for once. What is the policy on season ticket holders on the cup scheme are they reserved for them whether they intend to go or not or are they allowed to sell them if they haven't taken their seat by certain date? Personally I think this is a problem for the club to solve rather than one for the fans, if people can't afford it then you can't really argue with that... maybe do away with reserving them all together and do first come first served for a while.

Last edited:
Okay I witnessed something interesting last night. Despite a lower attendance the atmosphere was good. There seemed to be more excitement back in the crowd. We applauded playing the ball patiently around the back and midfield. We as fans are learning a new style of play to. We seemed to now appreciate the tactics, the play, the confidence in the fans is returning after a very flat year. As mentioned by another poster the excitement and noise levels were up last night and think this will get back to where it was under Mancini. I think the numbers will increase. Factually Pep is right and I think he is a great manager. However, this is just another stop off for him, and he will be off in 3 years and may never really have a complete affinity with us as fans. However, we should enjoy the football and the games whilst we can as it's going to be a great 3 years. Will he ever get us like Mancini probably not, but then he grew with us from a lower starting point. The Bayern fans never really took to him completely. However, what he said was factually correct and in a way I think he was doing what he does with the players, he wants more from us as well. He's a perfectionist and wants a full stadium to marvel at the players and support the players. As has been said probably the wrong night to call it. However, I was encouraged by the atmosphere last night and think the confidence in us fans is returning. Don't forget how flat it was last season. He is earning the right to call things if he continues the way he is. Great manager and what a turnaround. All that being said I know how costly football is so understand what some posters are also saying.

I went Tuesday night.
I'm in the cup scheme.

How much is it for your package? Because I think you'd shit yourself if you paid the prices we have to pay here in NYC.

I'll always boo the anthem, don't care what pep says. Don't really feel the need to make the point about the attendance, we would of had near enough 45k there last night.

Don't care what Pep says? That's the spirit.

We've got the best manager in the world and he is transforming every thing about the club. I used to boo the anthem but I won't be in the future cause Pep doesn't think it helps. Good enough for me.

Last edited:
D

Don't care what Pep says? That's the spirit.

We've got the best manager in the world and he is transforming every thing about the club. I used to boo the anthem but I won't be in the future cause Pep doesn't think it helps. Good enough for me.

Not bothered one bit. After the latest news of the money being given to the teams which have won it, Ill be definitely still booing.

Not bothered one bit. After the latest news of the money being given to the teams which have won it, Ill be definitely still booing.
That's a suggestion that hasn't been approved yet isn't it? In which case that's not something which UEFA has actually done since nothing has come of it yet.

Anyway we all have our priorities and values and for me:

The club >>>> any entitled super fan.

Most definitely PEP>>>> ANY fan out there no matter how big a fan they think they are or how many games they've been to he's more important. He's improving the club and taking us places, where as on the otherhand a few moanie superfans are just creating a bad smell that everyone else has to put up with while they try and enjoy the journey... Easy decision as to which side of the fence I'm on. :)

Last edited:
Pep's timing was bad. Maybe it wasnt intended as the notorious media scum could hv very well put words into his mouth through a leading question. And Pep still too eager to express in English (which isnt his natural language yet), could hv said more than what he should hv.

But this generic point of fan support is not new from Pep. He used to often say this, even at Barcelona, to back the team through full-stadium, during crunch games (less so at Bayern as football attendance culture is much more positive in Germany as a whole). At Barcelona, many socis are quite old and often not arsed to come, coupled with the fact that the Liga stages matches late at nights.

So I am sure he was making a general point. But the criticism of the timing is quite valid, intentional or otherwise. Im sure he is still not entirely aware of working class difficulties (just like most players/coaches, who kind of are in their own bubble). But Pep comes from Spain, from Catalonia where tkts are steep and Spain was in economic doldrums during his time as coach. So would not say he is totally oblivious & talking nonsense. However, I think, his thinking goes beyond these real-life issues as this greater romantic idea that football is dope. And supporting your football club at the stadium is like a no-brainer. It is not meant as a dis-respect to fans' financial and other constraints. But the point is more about passion. And how it is critical to lift their players' performance. Especially during difficult moments of a game, or difficult matches. That is what is called home advantage.

Of course the club could do much more to support and help the fans. Im sure Pep would be making the necessary effort internally with management as well for this. Doesnt mean things will change overnight. On the whole, I would request any fan who maybe upset or sensitive to these comments, to not feel like Pep is criticising them or that the comments were insensitive. But at the same time, I understand if any of them felt passionately offended, as the timing and media notoriety compounds it.

Sorry guys I stand firm on the booing..its pathetic. As for the atmosphere it was a lot better last night. Thing is if we can't get excited about this current team and the way we're playing at the moment then what the hell are are watching the game for. Hopefully Barcelona at home will be a cracking atmosphere.
You were there last night of course?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.