Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

The issue with a lot of fans is getting to and from the stadium

Surely a park and ride system could be implemented 4 different ways North, South, East and West of the stadium which eases congestion

Trams should be more efficient but are currently fucking useless and needs sorting

Hands up. I don't go anymore. Even after they uprooted and moved nearer to Blackley. Nothing much would tempt me back to the 'matchday experience'...even getting hold of a ticket, from comments on here seems like a logistics nightmare.
I shall stick to the boozer TV, and the odd corpy freebie.
Honestly, I simply grew out of it I think...
Well you lost out last night. And there's no way you could have got the same buzz after beating Utd if you've given up going to the games.

Well you lost out last night. And there's no way you could have got the same buzz after beating Utd if you've given up going to the games.
True. But not the night before.
Been chased round Old Trafford before....it ain't that thrilling.

Surely a park and ride system could be implemented 4 different ways North, South, East and West of the stadium which eases congestion

Trams should be more efficient but are currently fucking useless and needs sorting
I think that's the biggest problem putting some people off but should the club really be paying for something the council should be sorting after all the good the club is doing for Manchester, plus I'm pretty sure these Euro nights will boost tourism and what not moreso than the rags because it's in Manchester not Salford.

Last edited:
If you want to go, go.

If you don't, don't.

Honestly don't understand why anyone would care which group another person is in.
It's because they read twitter and facebook,then actually give a shit about Deepak from Mumbai saying emptyhad.

I wouldn't be so sure. Loads of or seasoncard holders come from quite long distances. Maybe no more than any other club, but the idea that 70% of City's match-going fans live in manchester is rubbish

The downside of having 44,000 seasoncard holders is that there isn't much scope for getting new fans into the habit. Every league game it's more or less the same fans going each game so if 30,000 seasoncard holders have opted out of CL scheme (I am plucking that figure out of thin air) who takes up the slack? This is the problem. A lot of regular fans have got fed up with the CL scheme for a whole host of reasons, travel, inconvenience, money, poor entertainment (90% dire) etc

i wouldn't say it is. manchester and greater manchester surely has the highest number of season ticket holders and going off the games at wembly and getting the coach down, we have loads of fans based near or in manchester. ( thats just imo so could be completely wrong tbf ) traveling and parking especially isn't that bad, unless you park at the ground. and usually trams and the buses in town get you there pretty easily in my experience.

we have loads of fans though who have just stopped going, we dont need loads of tourists or glory hunters to fill our ground. reasonably priced season tickets/tickets and wed sell out or come close every game. theres upto 2 million people in the manchester/greater manchester area. i think we should be targeting them more. you saw it when we expanded the ground the demand for the cheaper tickets was huge and blues who used to go or locals will come back.

Last year was our highest average attendance ever. For everyone who has stopped going, plenty more have started going.

We're quite capable of getting 53k for home games. Just as we would have been for a derby even at our lowest ebb in the 90s.

You could get tickets for £20 odd last night, fans being priced out wasn't the problem. A lack of interest was. Barca will be £50 a ticket and will sell out. That's the difference.

I just don't think our fan base really give a toss about Bayer Monchengladbach. No offence to them, they're a fine club, I just don't think our match going fans are that interested in going to see the game.

A big game like Barca, or if we get to the later rounds, other big teams, people will turn up. But in the early rounds against lesser known teams I just don't think people are that arsed. It wasn't a price issue last night.

what a load of shit its a doddle if you go by car and a doddle if you take the tram

I think that's the biggest problem but should the club really be paying for something the council should be sorting after all the good the club is doing for Manchester, plus I'm pretty sure these Euro nights will boost tourism and what not moreso than the rags because it's in Manchester not Salford.

Council will take but not give back

Up to the club now but can't see it happening

I live local and it takes 15 mins in car none match days to get to stadium yet match day 1 and half hours and getting back even longer

Frustrates the shit out of me especially night games and it needs sorting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.