TV Licence

Yeah a bit like the old sayings that the UK has the best health service, the best education system, the best politicians etc etc etc which we know to be bollocks when the sacred cow veneer is stripped away.
The likes of Netflix, Sky, Virgin, Fox are producing as good, if not better TV than the BBC. As for Channel 4 - it's out on it's own.
Why do we need all these regional radio shows when equivalents are available, that is if anyone listens to them anymore. And as for BBC3 and BBC4 which turn over hours and hours of Family Guy only to line the pockets of the producers is incomprehensible!

BBC 3 stopped being a tv channel months ago and BBC4 is worth the licence fee alone.

Catch up ?
All viewers who use the iPlayer to watch any BBC programmes must now be covered by a TV licence after new rules came into force on Thursday.

Previously, iPlayer users only needed a licence if they were using the service to watch live broadcasts.

That meant it was legal to watch programmes after broadcast on catch-up without paying the annual £145.50 fee.

But the TV licence requirements have now been extended to include catch-up, online premieres and online-only shows.

BBC 3 stopped being a tv channel months ago and BBC4 is worth the licence fee alone.
All viewers who use the iPlayer to watch any BBC programmes must now be covered by a TV licence after new rules came into force on Thursday.

Previously, iPlayer users only needed a licence if they were using the service to watch live broadcasts.

That meant it was legal to watch programmes after broadcast on catch-up without paying the annual £145.50 fee.

But the TV licence requirements have now been extended to include catch-up, online premieres and online-only shows.
You do NOT need a licence if you only watch itv,channel 4 or channel 5 on catch up tv,only for BBC you have to have one.

I have the IPlayer app, watch catch up regularly yet don't own a TV license (and never will)

If they came knocking on my door it won't get answered. Simple as.

Threatening letters?
In the bin.

Lower the price maybe, compete their service in the real world and maybe I'd consider paying for it.

The BBC has offered superb shows over the years and will continue doing so but I disagree with paying for the whole services when I just don't consume them.
I'll pay a one off fee for a Louis Theroux documentary or something but £145 A year for a load of biased shit?
No chance.

I've emailed them and said when they stop making programmes about the class of 92 shite and that sausage jockey Beckham I might pay my tv licence oh and pointed out its now 50 odd times the cunts have been on in fa cup in a row

The wife pays. Heard and read differing advice over the years this is something along the lines i remember

"I withdraw your perceived right of access. Leave my property immediately or you will be committing the act of trespass" and “If a trespasser peaceably enters or is on land, the person who is in or entitled to possession may request him to leave, and if he refuses to leave, remove him from the land using no more force than is reasonably necessary"

Do you really want all that hassle and worry to save just £120 a year?

The wife pays. Heard and read differing advice over the years this is something along the lines i remember

"I withdraw your perceived right of access. Leave my property immediately or you will be committing the act of trespass" and “If a trespasser peaceably enters or is on land, the person who is in or entitled to possession may request him to leave, and if he refuses to leave, remove him from the land using no more force than is reasonably necessary"
From what I've read they'll just get a warrant if you do that

BBC 3 is still being produced but moved to iplayer and how many people watch BBC 4 regularly? It's just a shit BBC 2. They should combine BBC 2, 3 & 4 together and only broadcast between 6pm and 1am - no one would notice. Close down all the radio stations apart from the world service and a couple or three serving nationally. Fuck radio 1 right off and all those freeloading wankers who turn up at Glastonbury, tossers the lot of them. Feck what does Jo Whiley do to warrant earning £200k pa!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.