Everton v City post match

I thought Sagna played well today and Sterling started off well but then seemed to lose confidence. Should have had a penalty in 1st half and that would have given the game a totally different complexion.
Willie definately needs to start against Spuds, we seem more confident with him in goal than Bravo.
Bravo wasnt the reason we lost today but he sure doesnt help, never looks like saving anything.
Stones made a real fuck up for the last goal but the game was well lost by then.We need to start getting the ball forward much quicker so Kun has a chance to do something.
Now is the time for Pep to show if he really is the Messiah.
Why doesnt Sane get a chance he looked very good v Arselona, another weekend fucked up by football eh sheesh

Can accept a transitional season as the philosophy change is so huge it was always going to take time. The start to the season though, changed a lot of people's expectations which is why results like this are so disappointing. But there doesn't seem to much about this season which suggests progress is being made, in fact with no youngsters being introduced there doesn't even seem a long term plan, instead we're playing with 4 full backs who are all candidates for replacing so we could end up starting all over again in the summer with no continuity from this season. We really needed some to be bedded in now. Plus the players Pep has signed, Stones, Sane, Gundogan, Nolito and Bravo, well he clearly doesn't think enough of Sane and Nolito so what was the point of getting them and Bravo's performances have been a big issue

Can't blame him for the first. He was moving back to his right and the shot was played back in the direction he was coming from.
But the question is why was he moving to the right and why did he move to the left on the second goal leaving the goal wide open as he did against Chelsea. You might as play Garcia in goal because he is better at passing and doesn't use his hands either

There is one hell of a rebuilding job needed but I am not convinced that pep has the stomach for it, he looks a beaten man at present.

Goal keeper: I think it would give the place a massive lift if he admitted he was wrong and brought Joe back.

Vinny: it breaks my heart but his race is run.

FB: Zabba Great servant but not up to pace of the PL now.
FB: Sagna Kolerov Clichy no longer up to the task
Midfield:in desperate need of some legs now Gundogan is injured
Centre Forward: Need a plan B when Sergio is having an off day. Some height would be good.

All in all I think we need6/7 players but Pep looks like a man on the verge of walking

Not an elite player. No courage or football brain. No physicality or bottle. Runs down blind allys. Rarely looks like he's going to beat the keeper or his marker.

I stand by my views.....look at some previous posts about a guy that's an international with nearly 5 years in the Prem.

Watching Sterling is sometimes like watching a 15 year old youth team player thrown into a team of men. Endless energy but his decision making is terrible

frustratingly, the 1st half was pretty good! moving well, passing well and a bit unfortunate to go in behind. The 2nd half was as disastrous as they come.

to rub frustration into the frustration wound, Pep sees these patterns that we are going through but came across a bit stumped.

Are we still using too many games as an excuse? 8 days rest must have left the boys knackered.

Just as it was in the reverse fixture against Everton.

This pattern of play is becoming a serious concern now. You begrudgingly accept two or three games a season where you completely dominate, miss chances and concede on the counter. You put it down to 'one of those days'. However, when it's happening every month and in some cases more frequently, it is a worry.

Pep knows it and said as much in his post-match interview however I just don't see how he can counter-act it, and even more worryingly, I don't think Pep knows. It's hard to complain about bad finishing when we only have one goalscorer in the squad and we don't even play to his strengths.

Tbh we have to score.

And sometimes we have to score from just one or two chances.

If we don't fix it we need new players.

Pep picked the team most posters wanted,the one that won 5-0 with a brilliant back to front display at West Ham.

In the event he reverted to Claudio but the rest were our choice. They let us & him down & I guess he's as bewildered and sick as we are now.

Some of the performances & efforts were shameful wernt they Aguero,Sterling & Clichy.

1 step forad....2 steps back.....it's the Maine Road Mambo AGAIN.

I suggested Pickering on 2nd January & Joe Hart on 1st July.

Some of the playground gang on here had a much more enlightened view....Barcas No 2, a goal keeper who doesn't have to make saves. Quite a novelty even by their standards.
I saw you included me before,i have never rated bravo ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.