Everton v City post match

We are far to slow getting the ball forward .there is no urgency to our game .to many balls given away easily while we piss about with the fancy passing Everton just lobbed the ball forward created panic in our defence and scored 4 .Bravo couldnt stop a cold

Low post numbers coupled with wumming after a defeat is usually a sure sign of ragginess. You've managed 16 in 2 and a half years I see........

True, and a bit of checking back seems to show you nailing the quantity doesn't make quality argument. I'll post when I have something to say, rather than gravitate to this place every time I feel the need to whine or throw a strop

Tbh we have to score.

And sometimes we have to score from just one or two chances.

If we don't fix it we need new players.

We have recently spent £100+ million on the players who are part of the problem surely we cannot just keep throwing money at it.

However, I wonder how many goals we would score with a striker like Lukaku leading the line. Someone who can get on the end of KDBs crosses, hold the ball up to bring others into play and can bully the strongest of CBs.

Tbh we have to score.

And sometimes we have to score from just one or two chances.

If we don't fix it we need new players.

We're too reliant on Aguero to score and he looks out of sorts. Silva, Sterling, Navas aren't going to get us 15 goals a season. Even De Bruyne has gone off the boil. Hopefully Jesus will give us more of a cutting edge from a wide left position

Excellent post.

I was pretty much ciber bullied for defending Pellegrini.

I think like you, perhaps Pellegrini deserves a bit more credit. The issues he was blamed for are still as clear as day.

I much like you feel the problems lies within the squad. It's dated both in age and type of player. We clearly lack the pace, energy and physicality as a squad. Too many players with no future, and they know it. That is never a good thing. I was slaughter by the usual keyboard warriors for this belief at the start of the season.
Fans are very reactionary, regardless of blame, we have issues and Guardiola is the man to address them and it will take time.

It's the players.

Just got in so a few brief points
  • As it is clear that our players do not have the ability to play the way Pep wants them to, it is up to Pep to devise a system which they can play
  • Too many players do not look as if they knew where they were supposed to be which surprises me as I've heard so many ex Pep players say that this is one area of coaching he excels at
  • Our defence is a shambles but what can we expect when there is no comments so stench in team selection
  • Aguero can only play on his own up top when he is on a good run of form, otherwise he is too deep and ineffective
  • Bravo needs time away from the team to build his confidence do force him to play for his place - same as Joe did last season
  • Otamendi's theatrics are cringe worthy
  • The change of formation following the substitution actually made us worse, we were all over their midfield first half then complete exposed after the substitution
On a more positive note
  • Sterling was excellent
  • KDB had a great first half
  • The carpet in the directors box seating at goodison is an effective barrier against the cold toes suffered when otherwise feet are directly above concrete
  • The chocolate torte dessert was divine and I'm not usually a fan of it

You were doing ok till you said Sterling was excellent.....are you sure you went ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.