Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Thanks, Bigga.

I think the issue with my bellybutton might be due to spending too many years hunched in front of a computer. My posture is appalling, and one of my shoulders is always higher than the other.

With regards to my unclear fitness aims, I guess it would be good to reduce my body fat % to as near to 10% as possible. I don’t want to be big, though. If I could get as near to anyone’s physique in the world, it would be Ronaldo’s. But that’s just a tad unrealistic. And no, I’m not referring to the one who used to play for Brazil. :p

There are multiple exercise routines online to help with the correcting of posture as much as possible and I wouldn't focus on a silly thing like a belly button. There are thousands of awkward ones out there in the world and I doubt, from what you say, yours is much of an issue!!

So, really, it sounds to me like you're looking to 'shred', which (if I'm correct) cardio stuff like Insanity will only get you down to a point.

Whilst I'm not finished yet, myself, I think you need to change your programme and people such as @FantasyIreland and @adrianr should be able to guide you better on meal nutrition and 'shredding'.

They seem to know what they're talking about.

Whilst I agree, my diet mainly consists of protein shakes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, broccoli, quinoa, chick peas and chicken. I don’t eat chocolate or sweets and never drink alcohol or any other beverage that contains calories. Unfortunately I tend to eat too many bananas and usually graze on dried fruit, and my servings of peanut butter are probably bigger than they should be.

That's a good start, but as you're finding even if you eat the right foods, eat too much of them and the weight won't go anywhere! It's still largely calories in calories out at the end of the day.

That's a good start, but as you're finding even if you eat the right foods, eat too much of them and the weight won't go anywhere! It's still largely calories in calories out at the end of the day.

It’s not so much the weight as my BMI is usually between 19-20. It’s my body fat that’s a slight issue but I would guess I’m struggling to see results in this regard due to elevated stress levels and consuming too much fructose.

I could always join a gym but I don’t think I have the enthusiasm for health and fitness to do so. Moreover, I will feel like a complete schmuck if I ever catch myself gazing into a mirror to see how ‘fabulous’ I look.

If I only eat fruit 30-60 minutes before or after a workout, I suspect I would become a bit more toned.

It’s hard to believe what’s the right way to go as we are always subjected to such conflicting information. I lost quite a bit of fat on the keto diet but I felt like shit and my much maligned brain fog was even worse than before.

@FantasyIreland @Dirty Harry et al...

Opinions on false, or 'suicide' grip? I find that I feel I'm 'pushing' better on bench and OHP with this grip, I feel my wrists are shoulders are in better alignment, and it just feels better... but there's always that niggling doubt in my mind that this could happen:

KNUjc2P.gif

It’s not so much the weight as my BMI is usually between 19-20. It’s my body fat that’s a slight issue but I would guess I’m struggling to see results in this regard due to elevated stress levels and consuming too much fructose.

I could always join a gym but I don’t think I have the enthusiasm for health and fitness to do so. Moreover, I will feel like a complete schmuck if I ever catch myself gazing into a mirror to see how ‘fabulous’ I look.

If I only eat fruit 30-60 minutes before or after a workout, I suspect I would become a bit more toned.

It’s hard to believe what’s the right way to go as we are always subjected to such conflicting information. I lost quite a bit of fat on the keto diet but I felt like shit and my much maligned brain fog was even worse than before.

Sorry when I say weight I mean fat. I don't put any stock in BMI and I've never met anyone who wants to lose muscle. So loosing weight = loosing fat.

Keto is an extreme that's unnecessary for most people, and people love to over-complicate things so they can sell you shit. You don't need to worry about keto or carb cycling or any of that. Like I say, calories in calories out. Plan a sensible diet with a sensible macro nutrient spread (Do something easy to start like 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fats - You can screw with it later) that is roughly around your maintenance calories. Run that for a few weeks whilst keeping up your workouts. See where your weight is. Drop 200 cals out of the diet and run for another 2 weeks. Rinse and repeat. Just use myfitnesspal, bang in some rough meals you usually eat, and then you can tweak the amounts to hit the numbers. It will take you an hours set up time at the start and then you can basically forget about it for 2 weeks.

Complicated is when you're getting to competition levels of lean, which most people never will nor have any interest in doing. If you just want to generally shift the belly and get in better shape it doesn't need to be extreme. Simple calorie counting is enough. Don't make the mistake most make either of dropping your calorie intake by half - It's totally unsustainable and just encourages failure with an extreme binge at the end of it.

Stress is another issue entirely, all I'd say to that is lifting heavy shit in the gym is one of the best things for keeping me on a level.

@FantasyIreland @Dirty Harry et al...

Opinions on false, or 'suicide' grip? I find that I feel I'm 'pushing' better on bench and OHP with this grip, I feel my wrists are shoulders are in better alignment, and it just feels better... but there's always that niggling doubt in my mind that this could happen:

KNUjc2P.gif

Incline bench especially I often feel far more comfortable with suicide grip. I think it's fine as long as you're not lifting right at your limit. When I start approaching 1RM territory I get the thumbs back around. Use the false grip for doing slower more concentrated reps at lower weight.

Post up your daily diet,list all foods from waking till bed and i'll see where i believe you could improve.

As for a general rule,keep things simple......KISS.That applies to both diet and training,it doesn't need to be complicated but it does require dedication and determination,otherwise you won't ever attain your goals.

Not one of you fuckers answered my triathlon questions!!

Anyway just done 25 miles in 1:45 on the bike, first time on it for a couple of months so pleased with that.

Starving when I got in and ate a sausage roll that was in the fridge, I know, I know @FantasyIreland im a disgrace, won’t do it again I promise.

You're a braver man than me.

As for Triathlons? wtf?? nah,not for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.