How many here are multilingual?

I can speak ok Welsh, French and Spanish. I visit Germany a bit and should learn some despite the fact many speak good English.

I speak a few words of a few....but am going to make the effort to try and get to at least basic conversational Spanish, Portuguese and Croat the latter being the hardest one apparently.

As I said not fluent and I am very rusty tbf, wouldn't be able to hold a full conversation nowadays but know what the fuck they are waffling on about, but when I was over there for a more than a year and stayed mainly in udon I could converse quite well in the end and comprehend the jist of telly shows.

The neighbours used to cal me farang lao when going to the village shop in my flip flops and pa kao ma, long time ago now and think my brain has stored away the language for more pressing needs and haven't spoke it conversationally for years but reckon I could pick it up again if I moved back.

I knew a bloke who was fluent and wrecked my head when he starteed as he talked fast and much better than I ever could
The writing I tried but gave up early doors.

Also on the tonal they used to love taking the piss put of how I pronounced some words that turned them into rude ones or made the sentance sound stupid.
Mai khao jai !!!!!!!

;-)

As a South Walian, I find people speaking Welsh to each other to be odd. Groups of lads from somewhere like Caernarfon at Wales games do and I have to double take.

Daughter in law is from Chile, so fluent in Spanish and grandkids are fluent also. My son is virtually fluent and speaks french quite well.

It’s strange that my daughter-in-law can instantly recognise an Argentinian Colombian or Uruguayan accent as it all seems the same to my ears.

I can speak Spanish. My level is B1 lower intermediate but I am still practising daily and listen to Spanish podcasts, watch YouTube videos in Spanish etc. I hope to be at a decent level in a couple more years.

I'm trying to learn Spanish and have been using Duolingo App on my phone..it's ok but it's not conversational as yet ..do you have any tips on how to pick it up quickly

As a South Walian, I find people speaking Welsh to each other to be odd. Groups of lads from somewhere like Caernarfon at Wales games do and I have to double take.

I always assumed the welsh only spoke welsh to each other when an english person walked into a gift shop in Conway ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.