Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
City don’t Invest large amounts of transfer money now. They comply with UEFA and PL FFP.

When will it sink in with opposing fans, pundits, and the sports media in general that City no longer spend like they used to do on transfers when Sheikh Mansour first bought City? Or are they going to keep on using the ‘transfer spending’ stick to beat City with?

I would love to know which PL clubs decided they no longer wanted the PL FFP wage cap.

This is not criticism in any way, if anything I'm a bit jealous of the way City are willing to take monetary risks in pursuit of glory. Unlike FSG (as it seems right now, at least)

Typical American owners once they have a bit of success they hold off on spending until they have no other choice but to spend some serious cash. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of their big names is sold until they heavily invest again.

When FSG came to Liverpool there were a lot of Americans on Liverpool forums, explaining the business strategy. And consensus seemed to be that FSG like to buy cheap, young players, develop then and sell them.

Or they are out to sell, and are only interested in EBITDA (earnings).

He’s off again.

Klopp.

I can't say anything about what other teams are doing,' said Klopp. 'I don't know how they do it. We have to pay bills. Sorry! Everybody has to pay bills.

'We invested money in this team. Now it looks like we are not. But we are not in this fantasia land where you just get whatever you want.'

‘You cannot (spend) constantly,' he said. 'It looks like there are four clubs in the world who can. Madrid, Barcelona, City and PSG. Whatever they need, they do. You cannot compare. It is not a criticism. I know how people will take it, that I am jealous or whatever.

'I am not at all jealous! This year is not the end of LFC. Next year there will be another transfer window.

Hahaha what a fucking whopper. I can’t speak about other teams, proceeds to talk about other teams.

Big clubs go for all the trophies Jurgen , big clubs don’t make excuses or prattle on a bout other clubs every fucking press conference , despite having millions of hanger on glory hunting fans all over the world , Liverpool behave like an attention seeking small club.

0SaLnwU.jpg

Without the Coutinho money they would of been miles off last year. The money they received from him allowed them to address the 2 biggest problems in the team. CB and GK. Also like many have said they gained at least 10 points last season from dodgy decisions and calamitous mistakes by opposition keepers.

They will be nowhere near us this season IMO. Winning the champions league is a bit of a bonus to us as their owners will probably think they don't need to invest in the squad. Can't wait for it all to fall apart ~ hopefully by Christmas time.

klopp getting his excuses in already i guess. funny as last season they spent 70m for a keeper, smashed the world record for a defender and another 100m on defenders.

This is not criticism in any way, if anything I'm a bit jealous of the way City are willing to take monetary risks in pursuit of glory. Unlike FSG (as it seems right now, at least)

The saying is "speculate to accumulated" – let's face it, without Van Dijk or Allison last season you wouldn't have finished second or won the CL, but by 'speculating' and spending £150mil on just two players, you did... it's not rocket science, and that's all we have done... but not in such excess.

are you saying you're jealous of the £25 million we spent last summer to your, er, £155 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.