City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

Confused.

I’d be mortified if I upset someone for racist reasons but I genuinely don’t know what qualifies as it seems to be a moving target.

Here’s an example..remember The Fast Show and everyone pretending to be Spanish on the news and Caroline Aherne RIP saying “Scorchio” well is that ok now or not because I don’t know anymore. I think everyone has their own idea of what’s acceptable. I couldn’t care less if someone is doing a bad English accent...am I meant to be offended?

Now from what I’ve read but not heard about this situation the guys have overstepped the mark but my point is where is the mark objectively?

And my opinion is that cultures are broadly different and that, while you cannot speak for every individual, you can make wide strokes generalisations about them fairly easily if you're educated enough on them.

They're part of a race if that counts? I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Fair enough. FWIW I know someone who comes from Chinese heritage who found it offensive and seems pretty pleased the club binned them off.

So from the gist of this thread some find it offensive and some don’t. Some know chinese people who don’t think it’s offensive and some know chinese people who do.
Well that’s cleared it up then.

The only real consensus seems to be that they were not funny and won't really be missed.

I found the fact that neither of these lads were ever even slightly funny yet were getting paid to ‘be funny’ and ‘entertain’ us at the stadium much more offensive than what they’ve done.

Agree they had to go for this, but also have to admit I used to find McClean very funny with his half time stuff on matchdays, so to that extent it’s a shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.