Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

No one ever claimed VAR would mean 100% of decisions ended up being correct, just that there would be less errors overall. I think it’s doing it’s job.

Think we are missing sanes raw pace.

Also think he will go though. We do miss a really quick winger.

Foden looked good when came on.

Ederson having a great season so far.

Just hang on in there until Laporte fit.
Agree with all of that.

What's impressing me with Foden is he's prepared to have a pop whenever he gets a chance. Too much farting about in front of goal from some of our players sometimes.

Hasn't the law been recently changed so that yellows/reds only count in the particular competition in which the card was given, so Fernandinho misses the league game. No great shakes either way. Garcia can start on the bench.
No Fern will be suspended for the cup tie on Tuesday mate, he will be available for our next league game.

Had a quick look in on the matchday thread at half-time, and for the umpteenth time, I found it absurdly harsh on the team and its performance up to then. I don't think I'll bother with it in future. Far too many kneejerk reactions, and a general sense that we should be steamrollering teams right from the off. Very little sense that they may have strenous other ideas about that.
Only one player looked poor in my opinion, at that stage and pretty much throughout the match. Benjamin Mendy. He looked about as mobile as a Sherman tank with its gearbox seized up. I really hope it's because he's had so little match time. Kev was a bit ordinary, although even in an ordinary match he can reach parts of the team that other right feet cannot reach.

A truly fun character Karen7. Love her to bits. Good thing with her is she likes a laugh. Can have a fall out but she never holds a grudge until the next time you fall out!!

Just going to ask is she ok as she hasn't posted, then like the genie of the lamp she appears.

Seen the replay now. Sterling was obviously in the keeper's line of sight so if Silva touched it, Sterling was offside. I can see why VAR took so long.

1. Was Sterling in an offside position when De Bruyne played it? No.
2. Was Sterling in an offside position if/when Silva played it? Yes.
3. Was Sterling in the keeper's line of vision? Yes.
4. Did Silva touch it? We keep replaying it, and we can't say that he does. Goal.
giphy.gif

Premier League yellow & red card rules for 2019-20

"Just like in 2018-19, any yellow card picked up by a player in a game will berestricted to the particular competition they were playing in.

So, if Pogba is cautioned in a Premier League match for Manchester United, it does not hang over his head in the FA Cup.

Likewise, if Abraham receives a booking for Chelsea in the Carabao Cup, it will not count towards his tally when he is playing in the Premier League.

However, while there is no crossover when it comes to yellow cards,suspensions arising from the presentation of a red card will apply to all competitions."

So it looks as if Dinho will miss Tuesday's game and can play in the Saturday league fixture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.