Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
top level football is about 25 man squad and rotation and even youth players

liverpool should have enough players to play both games and even dare i say win them both ??? but playing the lets have pity on us card because we are champions of europe is wrong, do liverpool have a big injury list and are in a crisis nope, is the world club football game anymore important than the league cup nope, so get on with it and deal with it

this is the so called mighty liverpool ?? one of biggest club in the world ?? and have a squad of 25 world class players ?? who want to play every week and moan when they don't play, the have pity on us card has been be played all season and will be at the weekend and in the rest of the games this season, try being manchester city and the injuries we have and still never once anybody from the club call for pity or moan about it

top level football is about 25 man squad and rotation and even youth players

liverpool should have enough players to play both games and even dare i say win them both ??? but playing the lets have pity on us card because we are champions of europe is wrong, do liverpool have a big injury list and are in a crisis nope, is the world club football game anymore important than the league cup nope, so get on with it and deal with it

this is the so called mighty liverpool ?? one of biggest club in the world ?? and have a squad of 25 world class players ?? who want to play every week and moan when they don't play, the have pity on us card has been be played all season and will be at the weekend and in the rest of the games this season, try being manchester city and the injuries we have and still never once anybody from the club call for pity or moan about it
Well said. If they proclaim to be a big club, they should do as others and just suck it up

I tried to read it three times.
It's very clear,we played every 3 days for 10mths,we played every comp winning 4 trophies,we didn't take any warm weather training weeks,we played about a dozen more games than you and didn't make excuses just got on with it
This coming dec we play twice in 46hrs,pep has been asked it and doesn't like it but when we get to it he won't moan or make excuses,just get on with it,if you want to play at the top you have to play more games,you are not a special case and making excuses is not a good mentality to have

I don't think that the sponsors of the competition would be too happy if that was to happen, nor would the FA, who wold lose vast amounts of revenue. Would you, as an organisation trying to make every last penny out of the "product", want to try and market that to a world - wide market? And, more importantly, would you fork out your hard earned money to go and watch what is, in effect, a youth team match 200 miles away from home?
I wouldn't.

It probably won't be revamped, though it's the least of money FA earn from that cup, but it should.

Some form of tiered levelling would be great.....

league 1 or lower - full team involved
Championship - no more than 10 first team squad members allowed in line up
bottom half of PL year previous (plus promoted) - no more than 8
Remaining PL teams - no more than 6
Champions league - 4 players from PL squad

but to the point above; sponsors would never go for it
To be fair, most PL teams do that already - it depends to a large extent on how keen they are to win it. As shown by the match at Anfield last week, Klipperty put out a team of kids v Arsenal, who replied by matching them and lost on penalties!
It's obvious City enjoy the competition, but tailor the team for the occasion. It's always a mixture of youth and experience, plus the odd player returning from injury for playing time. The nearer the final, the stronger the team, but with the proviso that there will still be a youthful contingent involved.
As the prize for winning it is a place in the Thursday Night Cup, I'm amazed that most teams don't/can't be bothered putting out a competitive side, however it is made up, though I do note that a team in Stretford almost have the first team out on the cup match nights. (I suppose it shows how much they like the Thursday Night Cup)

Even the preachers of hate seem to hide behind the freedom of speech on social media but this guy has now lost his livelihood because of one brain fart of a tweet.

Hell hath no fury as an offended dipper :)
Id drown them at birth.

Hope my boss doesnt see that, actually hes not a fuckstick so ill be alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.