COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t go, personally.

It's really hard though when your employer isn't stepping up and leading by example. Ultimately they hold the most power in the relationship and they should be behaving responsibly and protecting their employees. If they say they're happy to send you there then it's kind of implicit what is expected of you. We do of course have the option as an individual to refuse but I think broadly speaking, it will be workplace culture which is dictated at senior level that plays a huge part in how this pans out.

No I am not.

It was a general point.
That’s good because I am absolutely not. From everything I have read, early intervention seems to work. Transparency re contingency plans could reassure but only if they are robust. We won’t have long to wait to see how this unfolds, please god all of us are still here to argue about it afterwards.

It's really hard though when your employer isn't stepping up and leading by example. Ultimately they hold the most power in the relationship and they should be behaving responsibly and protecting their employees. If they say they're happy to send you there then it's kind of implicit what is expected of you. We do of course have the option as an individual to refuse but I think broadly speaking, it will be workplace culture which is dictated at senior level that plays a huge part in how this pans out.
Thank-you. Spot on.

My wife has just asked the question, what about your travel insurance???

Every scenario I look at they’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Introduce draconian measures now, such as banning flights and some airlines go under.

Not banning things and it spreads more.

Enforcing a lockdown now and it will massively slow it down but in several weeks the population will rebel and it’ll spread again and they’ve lost that leverage.

Speak totally honestly and they’ll send people into panic, hide the truth and people get angry they’re not being honest and it’ll cause people not to take the measures themselves.

The government really are in a shit position and I think any decision they take, in any aspect of this, will cause negative consequences.

I get annoyed because people are using it to point score.
Agree with all that.

The messaging needs to be consistent though. Johnson saying he's going to carry on shaking hands is pretty stupid when the general message is to avoid social interactions where possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.