UEFA Independent Inquiry

It seems there were nearly 3,000 fake tickets actually scanned, according to the Stade de France managers, a figure which has apparently been accepted as genuine by UEFA. That obviously excludes fake tickets that weren't scanned.

If that's the case then it's no wonder the police & stadium authorities reacted early in the pre-match period, when the scale of potential fraud became clear.

Exactly. And those suggesting that 40,000 fake tickets is an exaggeration should ask themselves why organised criminals, in possession of the printing technology to reproduce the tickets, a huge demand (not least from people already committed to travel) and the ability to shift them on in a short period of time for cash, would limit themselves to a few thousand rather than produce as many as they could "on an industrial scale".

It seems there were nearly 3,000 fake tickets actually scanned, according to the Stade de France managers, a figure which has apparently been accepted as genuine by UEFA. That obviously excludes fake tickets that weren't scanned.

If that's the case then it's no wonder the police & stadium authorities reacted early in the pre-match period, when the scale of potential fraud became clear.
Those in the press criticising the actions of the police do so from the comfort of looking through the rear view mirror, where no disaster occurred, without seemingly considering the possibility that those actions were the reason for that.

If that is indeed true where did the 3000 go as there dosnt seem to be much footage of them walking away ,but there is reports of 2700 genuine tickets not been scanned

If that is indeed true where did the 3000 go as there dosnt seem to be much footage of them walking away ,but there is reports of 2700 genuine tickets not been scanned
I thought I'd read that eventually the gates were opened and everyone let in, which would certainly explain why the Liverpool sections looked to have people in the aisles during the game.

But with the reports that genuine tickets weren't being scanned (or failing to work when they were) I guess it's possible that the fakes got in, meaning the genuine tickets were denied entry. As someone said in another post, if you knew you had a fake, you'd probably get there early.

Those in the press criticising the actions of the police do so from the comfort of looking through the rear view mirror, where no disaster occurred, without seemingly considering the possibility that those actions were the reason for that.
It was pretty clear to me that the police felt they had good reason to stop admitting people. I doubt they'd have done that if 2 or 3 fakes had been detected.

Whether their subsequent actions - the use of tear gas and pepper spray - can be justified is another matter entirely of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.