UEFA Independent Inquiry

It seems there were nearly 3,000 fake tickets actually scanned, according to the Stade de France managers, a figure which has apparently been accepted as genuine by UEFA. That obviously excludes fake tickets that weren't scanned.

If that's the case then it's no wonder the police & stadium authorities reacted early in the pre-match period, when the scale of potential fraud became clear.

If only LFC didnt insist on paper tickets the fraudsters wouldnt have made any fake paper tickets.

At first I read it as 2800 getting in successfully on fake tickets but it’s probably how you suggested going off this Guardian article below. What I find hilarious is that various media outlets and plenty of Liverpool fans are seeing this 2800 figure as a victory when it’s still a huge number in the grand scheme of things and is more than enough to lead to all kinds of problems, both from a safety perspective and in terms of fucking over Liverpool fans with genuine tickets:

I’d say “getting in successfully” may be a different figure to “tickets presented/found in possession of”, plus, doesn’t account for the ticketless jibbers either, so I’ll wait for something more concrete on that before I go crowing if I was them (oh imagine that !).

This did make me laugh though :-
“ I’ve read a number of stories of absolutely horrific experiences leaving the stadium as well – crimes being committed, muggings taking place. Nobody should experience what our fans experienced both before or after the match.”

Par for the course at Anfield back in the day, can’t imagine that much has changed, they should be more than desensitised to that type of thing by now anyway.

I doubt the scanners would know the difference. Presumably the 3000 figure relates to tickets scanned where the same code has already been scanned earlier.
That's 2800 they know about, you can most probably double that with the ones that didn't get in or jumped over.
So at least 30% more people that shouldnt have been there.

Last edited:
Morning everyone.

Can I just throw something into the mix here. Information on the LFC website would appear to indicate they were issued with electronic tickets, not paper ones.

"What to bring

Your mobile match ticket, ID, wallet, and your phone. You can bring a small power supply if you’re worried about running out of battery.

Bags larger than A4 size (210 x 297mm) won’t be allowed inside the stadium.

Don’t bring prohibited items – please check the list and make sure you haven’t accidentally packed any of the items mentioned. This includes umbrellas and professional cameras, as well as food and drink. Strictly no pyros or flares allowed.

If you’re bringing a flag or prop, remember that it must be a maximum size of 1.5m x 2.0m to be allowed into the stadium.

Your mobile match ticket

Have your ticket ready to go on the UEFA Mobile Ticket App.

Activate Bluetooth when approaching the stadium.

Make sure you’ve transferred your tickets to the other attendees in your group well ahead of the match.

On matchday

Make your way to the stadium early. Allow plenty of time to get to the stadium and for necessary security checks.

There is no car parking at Stade de France, so it’s best take the RER train or metro to the stadium. Remember, face coverings are still mandatory on public transport in France.

You can only use the entrance on your ticket – check the map to locate your entry point."

From reading that, any paper ticket would be fraudulent???
Apparently both clubs were offered either paper OR electronic ticketing.
Madrid chose electronic, the dippers chose paper…

It will make no difference to that deluded football club, it's fanbase and it's cheerleading media what the enquiry says. God and Jesus Christ could conduct the enquiry but if it painted them in a bad light they wouldn't believe or accept it.

It's funny but when they fail there's always some great big smokescreen to deflect from that so they can wallow in their own pity,seek sympathy and play the victim. The truth is the whole world cheered when we won the premier league and cheered when Madrid won the champions league. They are universally hated and that hatred grows year by year. Which is actually karma because they've spent fourteen years trying to build that hatred on our football club. People are starting to see the truth, long may it continue.

Might be 280.
Its distinctly possible that 3000 fakes out of 20000 tickets would cause chaos at the entry points.

Its easy to point fingers at staff and stewards etc but when the onus is on getting people through quickly it wouldn’t have been an easy situation to handle if more than 1 out of every 10 tickets failed to work.

At first I read it as 2800 getting in successfully on fake tickets but it’s probably how you suggested going off this Guardian article below. What I find hilarious is that various media outlets and plenty of Liverpool fans are seeing this 2800 figure as a victory when it’s still a huge number in the grand scheme of things and is more than enough to lead to all kinds of problems, both from a safety perspective and in terms of fucking over Liverpool fans with genuine tickets:

Plus how many with fake tickets outside

Its distinctly possible that 3000 fakes out of 20000 tickets would cause chaos at the entry points.

Its easy to point fingers at staff and stewards etc but when the onus is on getting people through quickly it wouldn’t have been an easy situation to handle if more than 1 out of every 10 tickets failed to work.
Spot on. It only takes a few to register as fakes and the people who owns them to start causing a fuss to cause a ripple effect. The word goes out to other entry points, everything is delayed and an already hyped up police force see the arguments and aggression and respond in the only way they know, teargas and aggression. That's everything fucked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.