11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I thought he was much better last night. Still plenty of room for improvement in his decision making/final ball, but his ability to beat his man is a huge help against low blocks. The notion that he isn't going to improve is ridiculous. He's a 21 year old in his first season in a new league, playing under Pep Guardiola. He's only going to get better.
Hmmm - commendably loyal and understanding, but football is littered with unfulfilled potential and misplaced faith. Not a given, but here's hoping.

Took the piss out of their right-back.

Thought the only really bad decision he made was going the wrong way when he could have played Haaland in.

Thought his wide delivery was actually alright and was just a bit unlucky not to get a couple of assists. Its really not that easy to pick players out in a crowded box, defenders can often see the 'right decision' just like the attacker can and cut it out. He was playing percentages by either firing it across the box or cutting it back.

Obviously it could be better, I don't think it's as bad as it's being made out.

I get that I'm in the minority. So be it.
Navas was similar but better imo - frustrating too - but didn't seem to get the understanding and slack Doku seems to engender.
I think he’s worthy of us giving him more than 5 months before making any concrete appraisals one way or another.

We are still cutting Grealish lots of slack here after two seasons. I think Doku would be fine.
The same Grealish who absolutely bossed Liverpool, United and Arsenal in absolutely crucial matches last season and was instrumental to us winning the treble.

Second, very few “cut him slack” on here. Probably the most under-appreciated player in our squad for how integral he is to the way we play.

It’s hard to analyse Doku fully this season so far because a) he has got as many chances as he’s had because Grealish got injured and was unwell for two matches he probably would have started (Liverpool and recently Newcastle b) he hasn’t put in a good performance yet against a top table team and c) there has been a lot of hype surrounding him, probably due to his style of play, that has made people take quite cemented positions.

Think the next few months will give us a clearer picture.

The same Grealish who absolutely bossed Liverpool, United and Arsenal in absolutely crucial matches last season and was instrumental to us winning the treble.

Second, very few “cut him slack” on here. Probably the most under-appreciated player in our squad for how integral he is to the way we play.

It’s hard to analyse Doku fully this season so far because a) he has got as many chances as he’s had because Grealish got injured and was unwell for two matches he probably would have started (Liverpool and recently Newcastle b) he hasn’t put in a good performance yet against a top table team and c) there has been a lot of hype surrounding him, probably due to his style of play, that has made people take quite cemented positions.

Think the next few months will give us a clearer picture.
Well, that’s wrong because he was very good against Liverpool in the 1-1 draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.