PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Given the UKs post Brexit isolation I’d suggest a PM of any persuasion will be blowing kisses in the direction of the UAE so I really wouldn’t worry.

Given Mansour's investment into the UK and role in Barclays bail out and status etc I imagine the authorities wouldn't exactly be thrilled with a Premier league enquiry (rather than a court of law) effectively accusing him of fraud. Did Mansour appear in person at CAS or did I imagine that?

Given Mansour's investment into the UK and role in Barclays bail out and status etc I imagine the authorities wouldn't exactly be thrilled with a Premier league enquiry (rather than a court of law) effectively accusing him of fraud. Did Mansour appear in person at CAS or did I imagine that?
You would think a quick passive aggressive phone call would end all this nonsense instantly

And this leaves the PL irrecoverably damaged as a product in the eyes of sponsors etc. It’s a seriously bad look for the PL and it is all self inflicted. This isn’t just about city - the PL are on a collision course with anyone who threatens the position of the red shirt three. Newcastle will inevitably be next and that will get ugly too. This could be a race to the bottom unless someone steps in to stop it.

Really good points from both you and BS. Fans of Everton, Forest etc need to have a look at the alternative list of league winners the years City won the title. There's no new names up there, it's Arsenal, united and Liverpool. Good luck to any other club trying to challenge now, as Newcastle are finding out, the odds are stacked very much against them.

Really good points from both you and BS. Fans of Everton, Forest etc need to have a look at the alternative list of league winners the years City won the title. There's no new names up there, it's Arsenal, united and Liverpool. Good luck to any other club trying to challenge now, as Newcastle are finding out, the odds are stacked very much against them.
Every single football fan should bow down at the feet of Chelsea & City who have smashed through the Dip/rag/arse old boys club football glass ceiling

Fans just don't want to understand the facts about other teams. I know someone who works in fraud for the police, has a degree etc, but is totally unaware of what we have actually been charged for. They kept relating Everton's one charge to City's 115 until I explained it to them, but I could see they just thought I was on the defensive as their eyes glazed over. I am sure they are still repeating the media nonsense and conflating different issues. God help anyone who is just a Neanderthal when it comes to rule- and law-breaking accusations.
Its the old fingers in the ears and singing "la la la alalalallalaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, don`t want to know, la la la lalalalalaa"

I'm not sure that this is about the ESL, it's just more about the reality of the power that United/Arsenal/Liverpool have historically wielded at PL board level. The majority of supporters are unhappy because of the noise that Masters has allowed the aforementioned clubs to make about City. It has been a smear campaign, and it has worked because a lot of rival supporters think that the credibility of the league is undermined by City.

What Masters should've done after the CAS verdict, is the opposite of what they have done. He should've backed City, backed the idea that CAS found in our favor, and basically rallied around his product. Instead he chose to go to war on behalf of the red 3. Now he's paying the price as it has ultimately undermined his credibility and created serious unhappiness right across the division.

How do they prove what they need to prove? Even if City are totally cleared by the IC, rivals will continue to say City cheated. That is exactly what Masters should've been avoiding, not leaning into.
Stop talking sense Billy. Long time no see.

Could the likely change in UK government have an influence on our case?

There have been suspicions from the UK media that the UAE may be trying to putting political pressure on the UK government regarding foreign investment?

The likely incoming UK government at the time of the PL decision will be Keir Starmer's Labour government.

According to the Labour Parties blurb: "Keir was obsessed with football and still plays every Sunday with friends... A lifelong Arsenal fan, he has a season ticket at the Emirates, where he attends with his children." Starmer also "believes football itself could become a manifesto issue for the next election, where his party would push for a “fairer” game."

The UK media portray City as unfairly sportswashing oil revenue. City have dominated the PL recently. Starmer might regard it as a popular domestic move for a significant downfall of our status to occur with his government in power?
Would that to be to back the Red Top Mafia & Spuds stance on FFP, or to support a truly independent regulator as the Tories are apparently pushing for?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.