Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

he only reason that there was 10 minutes added on time was because the ref fell for their blatant play acting . He got the physio on everytime they went down. Notice it didn't happen after we scored. The cheating buggers.
Godfrey (twice) was down for about 5 minutes on his own second half, it was clearly a concussion, that's not "play acting". He threw up twice at least, once all over one of the physio's bag, and when eventually subbed he walked round the touchline like he was drunk, personally I hope he's OK.

Also after we went in front, we were the masters of wasting time, but more clever about it, we took about a minute to take a free kick, initially the ball went off the pitch, we made no attempt to get it back, when we did it went through about 4 different players, before it went to the one that took it.

Every time play was stopped he made a point of showing he'd stopped his watch.

Was he a good referee ? No, pretty awful in fact, but his time management was not the problem for me.

I don’t like Brooks. He is a poor ref in my opinion.

What happened to getting booked for kicking the ball away? Seems to have gone completely out of the window that one
Oooh no! They rip off their pocket getting the card out when it's Kyle, or Rico or, come to think of it, they're toying with the idea of booking Eddie for taking a goal kick and thumping it up field. He'll count that as kickin' the ball away!

Godfrey (twice) was down for about 5 minutes on his own second half, it was clearly a concussion, that's not "play acting". He threw up twice at least, once all over one of the physio's bag, and when eventually subbed he walked round the touchline like he was drunk, personally I hope he's OK.

Also after we went in front, we were the masters of wasting time, but more clever about it, we took about a minute to take a free kick, initially the ball went off the pitch, we made no attempt to get it back, when we did it went through about 4 different players, before it went to the one that took it.

Every time play was stopped he made a point of showing he'd stopped his watch.

Was he a good referee ? No, pretty awful in fact, but his time management was not the problem for me.
Plus, how can a referee judge someone is play acting ? Can you imagine the shit they'd get if they ignored a player and it turned out to be a serious injury. Everton should be criticised for that not the ref.

They're all dogshit, but there wasn't anything of great contention today. He couldn't have seen the flick of the boot on Eddie, but VAR could have, he sees Akanji thrown to the ground and deems it a foul on Dirty Dom, and the most blatant of foul throws since the throw in came into football he just let pass - the ball was level with the guy's nose before he released it!

I thought this was the first time we'd had 10mins added in the second half - I was beginning to think he might have been looking for a couple of EFC pens, but they couldn't oblige by first getting into the City area.
The policy on foul throws and taking them from the wrong spot has, mainly been ignored for a couple of seasons as they realised that it was a time wasting tactic and ultimately does it matter that much? Although the walking up the line got so ridiculous yesterday that, the fourth official intervened and sent the Neverton player back 5 yards which even then was only half what he'd stolen
One thing they need to bring in though is, if a player picks the ball up they must take the throw

The policy on foul throws and taking them from the wrong spot has, mainly been ignored for a couple of seasons as they realised that it was a time wasting tactic and ultimately does it matter that much? Although the walking up the line got so ridiculous yesterday that, the fourth official intervened and sent the Neverton player back 5 yards which even then was only half what he'd stolen
One thing they need to bring in though is, if a player picks the ball up they must take the throw
I'd go further! I said after one player got the ball, made to throw it, and then dropped it on the floor for the full back ambling up from fifteen yards down the line that the fellah picking it up and dropping it should be booked. I'd also introduce a law which reverses a decision if the ball isn't played from the right spot, including throws. Let 'em take a throw and if they've nicked a yard it's a foul throw! Fouls committed within a foot of the touchline miraculously transpire into a free kick fifteen yards into the pitch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.