PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Forgive my limited legal knowledge, but what is a LBA?
Letter Before Action. You send an LBA setting out your complaint and
warning the recipient that, if he does not cease and desist, you will issue proceedings, but if they agree to cease and not repeat etc, that will be the end of the matter. Works most of the time.

For me, the big thing is the failure of the PL to properly assess the facts. They could easily have gathered all their evidence and then briefed a KC to give a full written opinion. It looks like they jumped into issuing charges too quickly. If they were under pressure from the Redshirts, the KC’s opinion would have sufficed, if not to satisfy them, at least to shut them up.
They could also have undertaken not to prosecute and held serious discussions with the club about the club‘s actions and lessons for the future.
What they have done is not professional nor normal business practice.
(All subject to a caveat that I am guessing about the PL‘s action and knowledge.)
Remember they rushed the charges when the Government was looking at a football regulator and wasn't the charges so rushed there were some very basic errors on them, i seem to remember something like this

The easy way out is we have done a full and extensive investigation into Manchester City's finance's and we have found that there finance's are true so therefore no further action is required....simple and true
Plus lock up the bile foaming hoards of dippers and rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.