Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

MaineRoadBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Anyone else a little concerned that for all the new City Academy has to offer, the very location of it and the daily commute might start to frustrate the players, who mainly live in South Cheshire?

I can't say I would suddenly enjoy my 20 minute commute to Carrington suddenly becoming 60 minutes to Beswick.

Not looking for negatives here but we no how fickle footballers can be!

are you really being serious?

Deadly. Imagine every working day suddenly involving having to get from Lymn to Beswick (25 miles) rather than Lymn to Carrington (5 miles).

It doesn't really matter what you drive if you are stuck in traffic. It won't get you there any faster.

I would think that most people consider where they chose to live with regard to where they work and vice versa. All I am saying is that any player when he is getting shown around the complex may find the fact that he has the best part of an hours commute to work each day a little off putting. I suppose the single guys might be tempted by the city centre apartment life however the guys with wives and kids will still want the Cheshire set!

Remember, this is the modern day footballer we are dealing with.

Seriously, are you being serious?

Blue Streak said:
The point about the longer journey into the new campus was actually mentioned by Edin Dzeko (I think) in the recent documentary that was on ITV3. For him it wasn't a problem as he has an apartment near the city centre after being bored with life in the sticks. But he did question the travelling time for those that live further out so it's obviously been something the players have discussed.

Karl-Pilkington-Bullshit.jpg

It's a hard life!

Try getting up at 4am every Morning and working until 1.30pm.

I'm 100% certain there are much worse hours than that, with People working through the night, and doing 12 hour shifts.

Like the rest of you I like(love) our Players, but when they come out with complaints like travel time, it makes my blood boil.

That's when they show that they are out of touch with reality.

"Damn!"

"I've got to travel 45 mintues into work this Morning(11am), for a 1-2 hour training session, then drive 45 minutes back home again."

Please!

MaineRoadBlue said:
Anyone else a little concerned that for all the new City Academy has to offer, the very location of it and the daily commute might start to frustrate the players, who mainly live in South Cheshire?
I can't say I would suddenly enjoy my 20 minute commute to Carrington suddenly becoming 60 minutes to Beswick.
Not looking for negatives here but we no how fickle footballers can be!

South Cheshire? North Cheshire in the Cheshire / Golden triangle (Hale/Alderley Edge/Prestbury).
Seriously if you're not doing it in the rush hour it will only add 10 mins to the journey and take 35 mins.
If Pellers wants them to travel in the rush hour mind it will be an hour.

Oh, imagine that stress, sitting in a BMW, Merc, Audi, etc.

F*** me, I'd travel in a milk float just to get the chance.

Alderney Edge to Beswick 15 miles up the A34 and it's not like the're going to hit the morning rush hour. If they want less of a commute there's plenty of houses near Asda.

Chelsea players manage the shocking commute from their homes in London to Cobham without it being back page news for why someone won't sign. I daresay the City players are made of equally stern stuff.

They're to be given a weekly stagecoach bus pass but can only use it travelling to and from training

They could use the park & ride met service, problem solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.