Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

MaineRoadBlue said:
Anyone else a little concerned that for all the new City Academy has to offer, the very location of it and the daily commute might start to frustrate the players, who mainly live in South Cheshire?

I can't say I would suddenly enjoy my 20 minute commute to Carrington suddenly becoming 60 minutes to Beswick.

Not looking for negatives here but we no how fickle footballers can be!

Not something they do every day and it won't be rush hour when they are doing it They often meet at the ground train and there on the day before a home game as well

I am missing something but aren't there bedrooms on site for players so maybe they just stay at the academy during the week and go home at weekends.

kramer said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Anyone else a little concerned that for all the new City Academy has to offer, the very location of it and the daily commute might start to frustrate the players, who mainly live in South Cheshire?

I can't say I would suddenly enjoy my 20 minute commute to Carrington suddenly becoming 60 minutes to Beswick.

Not something they do every day and it won't be rush hour when they are doing it They often meet at the ground train and there on the day before a home game as well

Knutsford to Eastlands is 14 miles as the crow flies. I reckon their Bentley’s will manage a 25 minute commute. Wouldn’t really call the footballer belt south Cheshire. North East Cheshire really.

MaineRoadBlue said:

No

MaineRoadBlue said:

are you really being serious?

shevtheblue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

I'm sure commuting in a Ferrari for 1hr isn't as bad as my 1 hr to and from work in the Honda accord.

actually and in total deadly seriousness, a 1 hour commute in your accord would be far more pleasurable than a 1 hour commute in a Ferrari.

Having said all that, the players these days mostly travel to the ground/match in 4x4s - you see their cars lined up after the game and the vast majority are badly tarted up Audi Q7s, Merc G Classes & Porsche Cayennes

BringBackSwales said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Deadly. Imagine every working day suddenly involving having to get from Lymn to Beswick (25 miles) rather than Lymn to Carrington (5 miles).

It doesn't really matter what you drive if you are stuck in traffic. It won't get you there any faster.

I would think that most people consider where they chose to live with regard to where they work and vice versa. All I am saying is that any player when he is getting shown around the complex may find the fact that he has the best part of an hours commute to work each day a little off putting. I suppose the single guys might be tempted by the city centre apartment life however the guys with wives and kids will still want the Cheshire set!

Remember, this is the modern day footballer we are dealing with.

If a teenager can't spend an hour or so getting to work in the morning and getting home at night then he has no right to be in the academy in the first place. I wouldn't even let them near a car, they are supposed to be fit individuals let them get the bus and use a bike for the remainder of the journey.

The point about the longer journey into the new campus was actually mentioned by Edin Dzeko (I think) in the recent documentary that was on ITV3. For him it wasn't a problem as he has an apartment near the city centre after being bored with life in the sticks. But he did question the travelling time for those that live further out so it's obviously been something the players have discussed.

MaineRoadBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Deadly. Imagine every working day suddenly involving having to get from Lymn to Beswick (25 miles) rather than Lymn to Carrington (5 miles).

It doesn't really matter what you drive if you are stuck in traffic. It won't get you there any faster.

I would think that most people consider where they chose to live with regard to where they work and vice versa. All I am saying is that any player when he is getting shown around the complex may find the fact that he has the best part of an hours commute to work each day a little off putting. I suppose the single guys might be tempted by the city centre apartment life however the guys with wives and kids will still want the Cheshire set!

Remember, this is the modern day footballer we are dealing with.

Sounds harrowing ,who'd be a footballer,eh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.