Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

nmc said:
kramer said:
Blue2112 said:
I was talking to somebody the other day who knows about these type of things and he told me the roof at the Etihad is basically fucked. Can't recall if he said it was either finished quickly for the games or whether it just wasn't done right in the first place but that it was not in a great condition at all.

Seems a bit odd that the primary structure CableNet is incorporated in the extension

I'm no engineer (so I am happy to be corrected) but the South Stand extension leaves the cable net ring in place (it has to for teh other 3 stands) but I'm not sure the new roof actually connects to it. I think the cable net ring just runs in front of the South Stand - so when the North and South stands are complete we will have a ring running around the stadium but only connected to the West (CB) and East stands. The logic would be that in time a new roof will be put on the East and West Stands and the cable ring taken away. I think the cables from the masts do play a role in holding up the new roof on the south stand. Its difficult to see from the mock ups whether the cable ring will restrict views on the upper tier of the new South stand - I would guess not.
I guess there not going to build our new stand with restricted views, be a bit silly.

Del_Bosque said:
So when do we reckon the academy will be done

No chance for pre-season is there, around end of Sept?

Academy move in End of October

First team early October.

dowty said:
nmc said:
kramer said:
Seems a bit odd that the primary structure CableNet is incorporated in the extension

I'm no engineer (so I am happy to be corrected) but the South Stand extension leaves the cable net ring in place (it has to for teh other 3 stands) but I'm not sure the new roof actually connects to it. I think the cable net ring just runs in front of the South Stand - so when the North and South stands are complete we will have a ring running around the stadium but only connected to the West (CB) and East stands. The logic would be that in time a new roof will be put on the East and West Stands and the cable ring taken away. I think the cables from the masts do play a role in holding up the new roof on the south stand. Its difficult to see from the mock ups whether the cable ring will restrict views on the upper tier of the new South stand - I would guess not.
I guess there not going to build our new stand with restricted views, be a bit silly.

From what I can see the CableNet is supporting the new roof in the same way as the existing one but the roof pitch is slightly down rather than up. The height of the top of the stand is dictated by the CableNet to ensure that the sight-lines are uninterrupted

Major fail by the MEN.

Pictures: Etihad Stadium expansion plans take shape

*New pictures*(?) of Manchester City's planned Etihad Stadium Expansion promise a bright future for the Premier League title winners

The final picture is a shocker!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/etihad-stadium-expansion-plans-take-7118613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ke-7118613</a>

more lazy journalism from the MUEN

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/etihad-stadium-expansion-plans-take-7118613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ke-7118613</a>

they're just chucking out images from the Planning Application which coincidentally seems to have disappeared off the MCC Planning Portal

Considering we've had them on here for months.

As in, as soon as the planning application went live on the planning portal.

if anyone wants a copy of the planning app I have zipped up copy of (almost) all of the docs available here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.stevenicklin.com/downloads/104315.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stevenicklin.com/downloads/104315.zip</a>

you won't find any of the flood risk or environmental assessments or tree surveys or any ocology or energy statements in this - but did you care anyway?

Anyone else a little concerned that for all the new City Academy has to offer, the very location of it and the daily commute might start to frustrate the players, who mainly live in South Cheshire?

I can't say I would suddenly enjoy my 20 minute commute to Carrington suddenly becoming 60 minutes to Beswick.

Not looking for negatives here but we no how fickle footballers can be!

MaineRoadBlue said:
Anyone else a little concerned that for all the new City Academy has to offer, the very location of it and the daily commute might start to frustrate the players, who mainly live in South Cheshire?

I can't say I would suddenly enjoy my 20 minute commute to Carrington suddenly becoming 60 minutes to Beswick.

I must say I was thinking about that the other day, on the way to the ground for the villa game which took me almost 2 hours from Altrincham - not like the old maine road days !

I was thinking not so much about frustrating the players as how often the players are likely to be late for training - plenty of our players live within walking distance of my home and it can take me between 30 minutes and a full 90 minutes to get to the ground - it's impossible to predict

Might need a daily helicopter from Dunham golf club to the ground ! :-)

MaineRoadBlue said:

I'm sure commuting in a Ferrari for 1hr isn't as bad as my 1 hr to and from work in the Honda accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.