Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we are not going to subsidise the bulk of RM's Pogba bid, significantly overpaying for Kroos, to stop the rags getting Pogba?

I certainly don't want the rags to get Pogba, but FFP still seems our biggest constraint with new signings.

Ideally, would rather we competed and signed Pogba ourselves. If this is not possible then we should only pay the market rate for Kroos.

All too often we seem to pay a huge "City tax" with our acquisitions, and buying clubs expect incredible bargains with our sales.
The whole of Europe has the PL Clubs by the balls this season,so its not just City who are paying a premium.

I hope we are not going to subsidise the bulk of RM's Pogba bid, significantly overpaying for Kroos, to stop the rags getting Pogba?

I certainly don't want the rags to get Pogba, but FFP still seems our biggest constraint with new signings.

Ideally, would rather we competed and signed Pogba ourselves. If this is not possible then we should only pay the market rate for Kroos.

All too often we seem to pay a huge "City tax" with our acquisitions, and buying clubs expect incredible bargains with our sales.
I have no problem paying "City tax" for world class players, but we have too often paid over the odds for average players, that is our problem.

Yeah, rather overpay for quality rather than for 3rd tier players, but instead we are busy telling Auba and Pogba that they are too expensive for us.

Exactly, starting to piss me off a bit. Lumbered with players like Fernando and Delph for the long haul.

I have no problem paying "City tax" for world class players, but we have too often paid over the odds for average players, that is our problem.

Exactly. City need to stop shopping at aldi and start shopping at harrods. We have the money and money is no object, let's use it to our advantage instead of wasting it on players who won't get us anywhere near champions league glory.

I mean, it can't be because of financial reasons can it? Last season we spent £44m on Sterling, £54m on De Bruyne and £27m on Otamendi and now it looks like we are serious about John Stones for £50m.

I think the Aubamayang and Pogba deals are probably not happening because:
The agents involved want stupid money for themselves and their clients.
The players in question haven't shown any desire to play for us. This is just speculation but Sterling/De Bruyne were "seduced" by City and fought to sign for us. Gundogan was worried we would reject him after the knee injury and it sounds like Stones will try to force Everton's hand. I think the club is much more willing to throw down stupid money if the player shows some character and determination to come to our club.

This also might sound like sour grapes, but I still believe Aguero and De Bruyne are the best players in England anyway, and that Pogba is not worth £60m never mind the £90m United are rumoured to be offering.

The only thing that scares me is that if he ends up to the rags, we won't get Kroos. Pogba is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.