£20 for QPR...

jimharri said:
Yeah; I do get what you're driving at, believe me. I just still have a problem seeing Southampton as a category A game, simply because of the timing of it. Three weeks into the season, and it would be the same price as QPR.

Jim, you've answered your own question there mate. The Southampton match is Category A BECAUSE it's the OPENING GAME and not a match 3 weeks in.
The Sunderland match won't be categoy A prices either.
Seems obvious why to me, to be fair.

CheethamHillBlue said:
jimharri said:
Yeah; I do get what you're driving at, believe me. I just still have a problem seeing Southampton as a category A game, simply because of the timing of it. Three weeks into the season, and it would be the same price as QPR.

Jim, you've answered your own question there mate. The Southampton match is Category A BECAUSE it's the OPENING GAME and not a match 3 weeks in.
The Sunderland match won't be categoy A prices either.
Seems obvious why to me, to be fair.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. As has been said by several people, actual ticket revenue generates only a small proportion of our income. I just feel that the ill feeling caused by the price hike for, in normal circumstances, a category B (at best) fixture outweighs the financial gain. But, as I said early on in this thread, what's done is done and it's time to move on.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
SWP's back said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Just because they happen to be well off? Do you think all people who are well off have been born into money? What about the people who work their arses off to be successful and to get a job which pays well?

I hate this "he has more money than me but I deserve this ticket" mentality.
Only because you forget the mantra of bluemoon which is all real City fans are working class and without a penny to their name.

Seriously though SWP-Many blues fucking begrudge others for working hard and having more disposable income. It's like me stamping my feet because I can't afford a Ferrari...I just try to better myself so one day I can.

I certainly don't begrudge others for working hard and having more disposable income, trust me though Ferrari's break down far too often and everyone laughs at you when they do:)

Choice is a bad argument when a choice not to attend affects the business, we will never be a world leading brand with a 48k capacity and we will never build the match going fan base by making it unaffordable to attend for those that have other priorities. How can a new stadium not be in the plan/project? Why spend all this money buying the club, assembling this team and staff and then continue to play in a relative shoe box?

Your ticket money becomes more irrelevant each season as attending fans become more important as a backdrop for the tv audience, however the bigger the backdrop the bigger the spectacle and the greater the clubs appeal to tv viewers, shirt buyers and sponsors, where the majority of our revenues come from.

Our owners have an opportunity to do something else very special, build a 100k stadium with the vast majority of seats priced at £10 each, bringing the game back to the fans, they can still be £50 on the half way line if it keeps some happy. Imagine the positive PR for Sheikh Mansour and Abu Dhabi, the sponsorship and merchandise opportunities, not to mention the carnage the Glaziers, Chelsea and Arsenal etc would face when justifying their inflated prices. How ridiculous would Platini look criticising a club with the lowest ticket prices in Europe?

There is an alternative to ever increasing ticket prices, it could be done.

Wouldn't mind seeing specific prices for each section (particularly level 3) since the site has been unhelpful all day.

Vinjay said:
Wouldn't mind seeing specific prices for each section (particularly level 3) since the site has been unhelpful all day.
Simple enough;

F9QY0.png

It certainly is simple enough but for whatever reason it hadn't been loading for me.

Well they wouldn't show the stadium plan until Saturday anyway (not got match priority yet) but even the chart wasn't showing.

adrian99 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
SWP's back said:
Only because you forget the mantra of bluemoon which is all real City fans are working class and without a penny to their name.

Seriously though SWP-Many blues fucking begrudge others for working hard and having more disposable income. It's like me stamping my feet because I can't afford a Ferrari...I just try to better myself so one day I can.

I certainly don't begrudge others for working hard and having more disposable income, trust me though Ferrari's break down far too often and everyone laughs at you when they do:)

Choice is a bad argument when a choice not to attend affects the business, we will never be a world leading brand with a 48k capacity and we will never build the match going fan base by making it unaffordable to attend for those that have other priorities. How can a new stadium not be in the plan/project? Why spend all this money buying the club, assembling this team and staff and then continue to play in a relative shoe box?

Your ticket money becomes more irrelevant each season as attending fans become more important as a backdrop for the tv audience, however the bigger the backdrop the bigger the spectacle and the greater the clubs appeal to tv viewers, shirt buyers and sponsors, where the majority of our revenues come from.

Our owners have an opportunity to do something else very special, build a 100k stadium with the vast majority of seats priced at £10 each, bringing the game back to the fans, they can still be £50 on the half way line if it keeps some happy. Imagine the positive PR for Sheikh Mansour and Abu Dhabi, the sponsorship and merchandise opportunities, not to mention the carnage the Glaziers, Chelsea and Arsenal etc would face when justifying their inflated prices. How ridiculous would Platini look criticising a club with the lowest ticket prices in Europe?

There is an alternative to ever increasing ticket prices, it could be done.

Great post-I am sure stadium expansion is high on the list of priorities for the owner.
Choice-IMO-Does not affect the business in this scenario as there will be many others who will take up the seats if others don't. Call them day trippers/plastics etc but that is the nature of the beast.

50+ might be excessive but £10 (especially for league games) would feel like ripping the club off. All about finding the right balance and £10 is never going to be a realistic proposal anyway.

Is anyone else having difficulties accessing the site, I haven't been able to get on for days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.