£20 for QPR...

kippaxwarrior said:
Just ordered mine
£30(plus £2.50 booking fee)
East stand Lv3 halfway line row AA. I would say thats good value for money for that seat
Take asn oxygen supply!

danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
EuropeanDreamer said:
I'm not so sure of that Dave. I gave up my corporate ticket this year as it has doubled in price over the past 4 years. There was a waiting list of people to take it too. Admittedly it was at thh cheapest end of the spectrum but it had become too expensive to justify as a "normal" fan.

I think your maths is a bit out too. e.g £407 per game in the Connell suite (if you buy the season ticket which works out cheaper than game by game) £285 in the Mancunian which is sold out. Game by game prices are even higher gor Champions league and cup games such as the United FA cup game last season. Much higher take up of corporate this year but not from fans wanting a treat but PLC's who now see City as a place to entertain.

I totally accept my pricing is guesswork, but there's a little education behind it. I too used to take a lot of corporate at City, less so now though. Remember City sell lots of it on to agencies who mark it up. Also, it's much cheaper, like a season ticket, so commit to volume. My guess of £150 average is taking all that into account. Even if it's £200 average, my point still stands.

There always look to be loads of spaces available, particularly in the boxes. I'd be intrigued as to how our hospitality revenue stands up against United's.
United have over 15000 corperates tickets available for every match. I went on to Liverpool's website before the League Cup semi at Anfield I saw a few selected corporate rates at £3000.

That figure seems way too high. 15,000 corporates?

I heard it was 8000 and they dont sell them all

Either way, as champions we should be going head to head with them for this market.

SWP's back said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Just ordered mine
£30(plus £2.50 booking fee)
East stand Lv3 halfway line row AA. I would say thats good value for money for that seat
Take asn oxygen supply!

I like Level 3
You get a really good tactical view of the game although the atmosphere isn't the best

DD said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
As we enter another day I will state it again.

IT IS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO PAY WHAT THE CLUB CHARGES.

Don't blame the minimum wage,don't blame unemployment. For fucks sake.Get the violins out will you. City set the price,we decide if we can afford it according to our circumstances.

Do you honestly think the club have read this forum and decided "oh shit a few on Blue moon have deemed our ticketing to expensive,best we drop it or we are going to have 10000 empty seats". Deary me....

People want multi million pound signings and don't expect to pay for it. I give up.

But we feel that £56 is too expensive, and it is, quite frankly.

There is simply no need to charge so much more for one game than another. People will buy into it now because there is a feelgood factor about City but that won't last forever. Common business sense suggests that it might be best to keep your fans onside rather than alienate a huge base.

If the poorer fan cottons on to the fact that the club only want them when they are afraid that the rich fan is not interested, then we will lose supporters as quickly as we gained them.

How quickly do some of our fans lose touch with our roots? Quite clearly you are of the Board mindset that we just want to sell out our big games to the rich and sod the man in the street.

Surely a fair and reasonable way to this is have the bigger games less expensive and the lesser games more expensive, or what we are going to have is a situation where a man with thousands of loyalty points simply can't afford to go to the big games and the ground ends up being filled with Johnny Come Lately's with a few hundred each just because they happen to be well off.

The conversion to a happy-clappy fan base is well underway.

Just because they happen to be well off? Do you think all people who are well off have been born into money? What about the people who work their arses off to be successful and to get a job which pays well?

I hate this "he has more money than me but I deserve this ticket" mentality.

Nervous Nedum said:
DD said:

Don't blame the minimum wage,don't blame unemployment. For fucks sake.Get the violins out will you. City set the price,we decide if we can afford it according to our circumstances.

Do you honestly think the club have read this forum and decided "oh shit a few on Blue moon have deemed our ticketing to expensive,best we drop it or we are going to have 10000 empty seats". Deary me....

People want multi million pound signings and don't expect to pay for it. I give up.

There is simply no need to charge so much more for one game than another. People will buy into it now because there is a feelgood factor about City but that won't last forever. Common business sense suggests that it might be best to keep your fans onside rather than alienate a huge base.

If the poorer fan cottons on to the fact that the club only want them when they are afraid that the rich fan is not interested, then we will lose supporters as quickly as we gained them.

How quickly do some of our fans lose touch with our roots? Quite clearly you are of the Board mindset that we just want to sell out our big games to the rich and sod the man in the street.

Surely a fair and reasonable way to this is have the bigger games less expensive and the lesser games more expensive, or what we are going to have is a situation where a man with thousands of loyalty points simply can't afford to go to the big games and the ground ends up being filled with Johnny Come Lately's with a few hundred each just because they happen to be well off.

Just because they happen to be well off? Do you think all people who are well off have been born into money? What about the people who work their arses off to be successful and to get a job which pays well?

Well said that man!

Nervous Nedum said:
DD said:

Only because you forget the mantra of bluemoon which is all real City fans are working class and without a penny to their name.

SWP's back said:
Nervous Nedum said:
DD said:

Only because you forget the mantra of bluemoon which is all real City fans are working class and without a penny to their name.

Seriously though SWP-Many blues fucking begrudge others for working hard and having more disposable income. It's like me stamping my feet because I can't afford a Ferrari...I just try to better myself so one day I can.

Booked mine this morning £30 plus my lads £15 in tier 1, block 132 row X. Think it's fair value for money, was thinking of the swansea game but just couldn't afford / justify spending that on a team like swansea to be honest.

Let the day tripping begin....

Johnny come lately since 1972!

SWP's back said:
Nervous Nedum said:

Seriously though SWP-Many blues fucking begrudge others for working hard and having more disposable income. It's like me stamping my feet because I can't afford a Ferrari...I just try to better myself so one day I can.

The difference between a Ferrari and football is that Ferrari's have and always will be very expensive luxury items and therefor out of the price bracket of the average bloke in the street, so the average bloke realises this and accepts it. All of us, well those of a certain age anyway, can remember when football was a cheap day out which is no longer the case, hence the resentment of the way football has gone up in price. I understand your points on choice but I can see the other side of the coin too.

Dunraven said:
SWP's back said:

The difference between a Ferrari and football is that Ferrari's have and always will be very expensive luxury items and therefor out of the price bracket of the average bloke in the street, so the average bloke realises this and accepts it. All of us, well those of a certain age anyway, can remember when football was a cheap day out which is no longer the case, hence the resentment of the way football has gone up in price. I understand your points on choice but I can see the other side of the coin too.

Point taken and well made . Maybe a Ferrari is a little over the top. Let me put it this way. I used to drive a normal run of the mill car. Worked my but off and therefore was able to upgrade to a nice Audi due to being paid more and having more disposable income. Football is not a cheap hobby anymore hence why I choose to only go to max 3 away games per season. My season ticket has gone up form £365 approx to £550 in just over 3 seasons...Over 50% yet people are complaining about a 8% rise in match day pricing. As I said, maybe I just don't get it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.