£56 for home games

CheethamHillBlue said:
WNRH said:
So on a day when it is announced that Britain is going deeper and deeper into recession. This football club has killed any chance of any loyal local supporter of attending any games.

With all due respect mate that's a load of bull. There are 30 odd thousand loyal blues who don't pay anywhere near that amount cos they have season tickets and have had them for years. It costs my less than £30 a match.
Not bad to watch the standard of football currently served up imo.
How many on here will pay £56 for every home match?
Very few i'll wager.

Agree, if we take away 36k season ticket holders and 2,300 away fans, it only leaves 9k tickets per game.

The whole of football needs a radical overhaul. As someone said earlier when you look at the German model, that is how football should be in this country.

Working on the premise of Ade receiving a 170k per week and City having a home match every two weeks. Seven pounds of each ticket covers his wages. Its a crude analogy I know, but highlights the ridiculous wages being paid to players and football clubs reliance on Tv money.

BringBackSwales said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
herrock said:
Stand by for a season of pisstaking about not selling out our home matches. Unless the tourists agencies sell them there will be some empty seats on display. £51 for level 3 against a newly promoted team that is live on sky, is a tenner too much

You're kidding yourself blue

We will sell out every premiership home game comfortably this season

not at those prices we won't, but I assume there is a game 1 Champions premium here. Never thought I would have cut back on the away matches due to ticket prices but I have, we all have our price elasticity point, and for an average City fan in a recession £56 is too steep in my view

Fully agree .........

i've been going since 1969 , but times are hard , and just i can't afford fifty odd quid for one game ..... can't see me making many more games this season either.

franksinatra said:
The whole of football needs a radical overhaul. As someone said earlier when you look at the German model, that is how football should be in this country.

Then you wouldn´t have an arab investor and those star players.

The 18-21 prices are still the same I think approx. £38. Would've thought other concessions will be the same price as last year.
Shame to see the prices go up but unfortunately an inevitable side effect of the sheer magnitude of the investment that has been put into the club.

AD4 said:
The 18-21 prices are still the same I think approx. £38. Would've thought other concessions will be the same price as last year.
Shame to see the prices go up but unfortunately an inevitable side effect of the sheer magnitude of the investment that has been put into the club.

Unless i'm mistaken they want £33 from a 16/17 year old kid for this game , when a lot of people that age are either on minimum wage , or are jobless.

Just when this club are beginning to attract more young people , and families , than ever , the club demand ticket increases such as these .....

CheethamHillBlue said:
WNRH said:
So on a day when it is announced that Britain is going deeper and deeper into recession. This football club has killed any chance of any loyal local supporter of attending any games.

With all due respect mate that's a load of bull. There are 30 odd thousand loyal blues who don't pay anywhere near that amount cos they have season tickets and have had them for years. It costs my less than £30 a match.
Not bad to watch the standard of football currently served up imo.
How many on here will pay £56 for every home match?
Very few i'll wager.

Think the club's idea is to have a many S/T's as possible legally (I believe we have to have a % of seats available on a match to match basis).

To do this they start by offering cheap kids tickets in the FS which although not paying themselves will get the kids thinking S/T's are the way forward.

The reasoning behind this will mean less chance for 'normal' out of town City fans to make regular trips. I notice the Thomas Cook packages which are reasonably cheap and obviously aimed at tourists. This in turn will cut club costs as there will be less need for Ticket Office staff.

I'm lucky enough to have a S/T, my lad is grown up and pays for himself. Although I can't do nearly as many aways as I'd like having had a pay freeze for years.

If I had to pay match by match at the prices for the Soton game for all Prem games as well as Cup games I'll be paying for I'd probably give up and just watch on the web after 42 years of following City.

im one of the many who were there through thin and thinner, season tickets on and off since 1978 but last season was the only one where i didnt attend a single home game. theres no way i can afford it with 3 kids and although its heartbreaking to miss out on the glory years after so much pain, iv resigned myself to watching the lads on tele from now on. very sad.

black mamba said:
BringBackSwales said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

not at those prices we won't, but I assume there is a game 1 Champions premium here. Never thought I would have cut back on the away matches due to ticket prices but I have, we all have our price elasticity point, and for an average City fan in a recession £56 is too steep in my view

Fully agree .........

i've been going since 1969 , but times are hard , and just i can't afford fifty odd quid for one game ..... can't see me making many more games this season either.

I'm not saying its right lads..far from it..I'm just saying if you don't go there will be plenty more taking your place..we are Premiership Champions now..I've got all sorts of work colleagues jumping out of the woodwork proclaiming they are 'dyed in the wool' city fans despite never mentioning it ever before this summer

Loads of plastics jumping on the bandwagon with disposable income

BringBackSwales said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
herrock said:
Stand by for a season of pisstaking about not selling out our home matches. Unless the tourists agencies sell them there will be some empty seats on display. £51 for level 3 against a newly promoted team that is live on sky, is a tenner too much

We'll sell it out because we have 36,000 Seasoncard holders and only 9000 or so available tickets per match - but there'll still be empty seats unless the new Resale thing takes off properly. SeatExchange was pulled without explanation.

blue cigar said:
im one of the many who were there through thin and thinner, season tickets on and off since 1978 but last season was the only one where i didnt attend a single home game. theres no way i can afford it with 3 kids and although its heartbreaking to miss out on the glory years after so much pain, iv resigned myself to watching the lads on tele from now on. very sad.
Very sad to read that. I've been a City fan since I was old enough to understand what it is all about. Hitting the big 5-0 this year, so around 42-43 years supporting them. If the prices continue going up, and they will, I can see me stopping travelling over for games sooner rather than later. Maybe after this coming season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.