£56 for home games

black mamba said:
AD4 said:
The 18-21 prices are still the same I think approx. £38. Would've thought other concessions will be the same price as last year.
Shame to see the prices go up but unfortunately an inevitable side effect of the sheer magnitude of the investment that has been put into the club.

Unless i'm mistaken they want £33 from a 16/17 year old kid for this game , when a lot of people that age are either on minimum wage , or are jobless.

Just when this club are beginning to attract more young people , and families , than ever , the club demand ticket increases such as these .....
The only way I can afford to go to games is by paying for it out of my student loan - I commute to uni (Liverpool, thankfully a manageable distance away) so don't have to pay for accommodation or anything else like that. If I hadn't done that this year I wouldn't have been able to afford my season ticket renewal. Part time work is very hard to come by this year, and most likely will be for the near future. I'm glad I can afford a season ticket right now. I just hope they don't go the same way as single tickets have gone in the near future, because giving up my season ticket is the last thing I want to do right now.

As for it being the 'price of success', others have mentioned, I agree it would be naïve to expect ticket prices to stay the same off the back of winning the league. But English football has a real problem with ticket prices which will turn sour for the clubs once prices reach even more obscene levels, and the normal fanbases clubs were built upon can no longer afford to go to games regularly and attendances plummet.

something has to give. football fans are not recession proof. anyway theres a lot to be said for watching kenny clements or brian gayle launching one forward every week, many current fans will grow up having never seen that!

I hope standing sections will return but just don't see it happening. What sort of figures would be talking if we had a standing southstand for example in terms of capacity increase, ticket prices, revenue etc.?

The prices amaze me. Of course, it was a long, long time since I was able to go to a game (1970's) when I paid about 1.50 for a ticket in the main stand at Maine Road. Of course, the level of wages and play are so much higher now.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
God knows what price CL games will be this year. If its over £50 for them then I for one will definately be opting out of this scheme.

Probably cheaper than league games! City fans were more interested in the league than Champions League last season. Napoli tickets were only £25. I think cup games will still offer a cheaper alternative to league games for fans who can't afford the league, especially Carling Cup (Capital One Cup) where we do poor attendances.

Paid £52 in level1,thought about just watching it on the tele rather than the 100 mile round trip, but its the 1st game of the season and the atmosphere will be immense

Live in scotland so for me to make it too a home game now , is pretty much a no go.

Been season ticket holder 8 years - before that jibbed it in and bought tickets the week before

priced out now - not bitter , success comes with a price

i feel sorry for the guys on here with a couple of kids there just getting priced away from the club this is our up and coming support that is going to die off, i know about the financial rules etc but i would have thought the turnover of the club could be gained in other departments we will be seeing more and more empty seats in the future because of this, whoever came up with this plan needs to question himself, a new stadium well that can be put on the burner for a few decades

AD4 said:
I hope standing sections will return but just don't see it happening. What sort of figures would be talking if we had a standing southstand for example in terms of capacity increase, ticket prices, revenue etc.?

I dont think there is the political will by the clubs, the Government or anyone else (with the exception of fans) to return to Standing areas.

The fact is crowds have increased considerably since terracing was removed, different profile of support has arrived, with more disposable income. This demographic will only continuing going to the game if security is maintained and rightly or wrongly terraced areas are considered less safe, as fans can move from one area of the terrace to another, unlike in seats where everyone is identifiable. Clubs wont risk losing this support as they are the biggest spenders.

Change would only occur if crowds started to fall. But attending football has never benn more popular in this country and prices have never been as high.

Using the south stand as an example. The capacity with terracing would be roughly twice that of seating. Therefore for clubs not to lose money tickets to stand would have to be £25 quid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.