£56 for home games

AD4 said:
I hope standing sections will return but just don't see it happening. What sort of figures would be talking if we had a standing southstand for example in terms of capacity increase, ticket prices, revenue etc.?
Correct. It won't happen. For better or worse (better, in my opinion) football now attracts a lot more families than back in the seventies. Family groups, or women on their own, were definitely seen as something unusual back then. All seater stadia have played their part in bringing about a drastic change in the atmosphere at football matches, making them less intimidating events for people to attend. For that reason, and as ol' blue eyes has just posted, the will of the powers that be just isn't there to re-introduce standing areas. But even if terracing was brought back, do you honestly think that the increase in capacity, and it would be a limited increase due to safety concerns), would honestly lead to a reduction in ticket prices?

clubs such as city now have gun to there head regarding income thanks to our euro freind platini, dont forget on a £550 s/t £110 of that is vat as with a £50 ticket the club only get £40, so i travel 100 miles round trip and buy a £50 ticket,3 gallons of fuel two pints and twenty cigs the cost would be £85 our dear freinds who run the country take approx £40 of that in vat and taxes maybe our gripe should be with them

marco said:
i feel sorry for the guys on here with a couple of kids there just getting priced away from the club this is our up and coming support that is going to die off, i know about the financial rules etc but i would have thought the turnover of the club could be gained in other departments we will be seeing more and more empty seats in the future because of this, whoever came up with this plan needs to question himself, a new stadium well that can be put on the burner for a few decades

Surely if the season cards are retaken each year and the away fans are catered for, even accounting for the influx of new fans, there are roughly 9000 seats available each home game.
If the increase in price means some not going as much, their tickets are going to be snapped up by others?

not my fault! said:
Just to add to this:
My mates just rung city to upgrade my old man OAP season ticket in the East stand to a regular ticket for the first game. Now I was expecting anything from £20-25 to do this... £37 it's cost him, £37! That could buy you a regular ticket last season never mind upgrade. If my Old man had bought a regular ticket like mine it'd work out £28 per match which is excellent & when he can't go mates would pay that, but to ask an additional £37 is beyond what we expected.

Yep, i had that problem last year with my mum, she had fell down the stairs and when i asked the ticket office how much an adult upgrade would be for the one match east stand lower. They quoted £31! I nearly collapsed on the spot (this was in person!), told them i just couldn't pay that, so in the end mums seat stayed empty as my sister refused to cough up that money when we'd already bought a season ticket for that seat. Surely for a token once a season the club could believe illness and let it be only say £15??? As a one off. If you're persistantly missing matches fine make em pay! But for a one off, no one would pay it in the family :( So i went on my own!

CheethamHillBlue said:
marco said:
i feel sorry for the guys on here with a couple of kids there just getting priced away from the club this is our up and coming support that is going to die off, i know about the financial rules etc but i would have thought the turnover of the club could be gained in other departments we will be seeing more and more empty seats in the future because of this, whoever came up with this plan needs to question himself, a new stadium well that can be put on the burner for a few decades

Surely if the season cards are retaken each year and the away fans are catered for, even accounting for the influx of new fans, there are roughly 9000 seats available each home game.
If the increase in price means some not going as much, their tickets are going to be snapped up by others?

not sure, we all have a ceiling to what we can afford im lucky got a seasoncard but i'd draw the line at over 50 quid if i had to buy matchday, a guy with a couple of teenage kids could be looking at £150 thats far to much money for 90 minutes of football its so easy to fall into the tv trap or sit in the pub once these fans have gone its hard to get them back at these costs

WNRH said:
So on a day when it is announced that Britain is going deeper and deeper into recession. This football club has killed any chance of any loyal local supporter of attending any games.

Well done City, hope they are proud of themselves.

I don't know about anyone else but for 30 odd years going to City was not about results or being successful even though that is what we all want. It was about going to the games with your family or friends, supporting the club through thick and thin as a large turnover of players, managers and owners came and went, basically being part of something that you were proud off.

Who the fuck can afford £56 plus the rest for a game of football when every single game of ours in now on TV and will be for the rest of our lives?

Sly fuckers as well announcing these price bands after people have spent £10 for a blue membership card and an extra £15 for ticket priority. They will have got £25 for a card that the majority won't be using at all now these prices have come out.

A sad day in our history, said it 3 years ago but every season we are becoming a clone of the rags, sad to see.

Very good point about the Blue Memberships. £25 down the Fucking drain.

The Future's Blue said:
Cheapest (adult) ST at City = £465.00.

Cheapest ST at Southampton = £555.00.

Say no more.

no good quoting that to the guy who got the shutters pulled down on him at the tictet office when they sold the last season ticket they might aswell have been a quid

marco said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
marco said:

not sure, we all have a ceiling to what we can afford im lucky got a seasoncard but i'd draw the line at over 50 quid if i had to buy matchday, a guy with a couple of teenage kids could be looking at £150 thats far to much money for 90 minutes of football its so easy to fall into the tv trap or sit in the pub once these fans have gone its hard to get them back at these costs

Its sad to see that families are being priced out of football. I've two lads 12 & 13 and we always have a fantastic time when we all go together but at these prices its certainly not going to happen as often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.