£56 for home games

The Future's Blue said:
Cheapest (adult) ST at City = £465.00.

Cheapest ST at Southampton = £555.00.

Say no more.

Trouble is not every city fan , who wants one , can be allocated a season ticket , even IF they had the money !

And in light of todays ticket price announcement i'll bet there's more than a few who wished they'd applied for one !

rickmcfc said:
WNRH said:
So on a day when it is announced that Britain is going deeper and deeper into recession. This football club has killed any chance of any loyal local supporter of attending any games.

Well done City, hope they are proud of themselves.

I don't know about anyone else but for 30 odd years going to City was not about results or being successful even though that is what we all want. It was about going to the games with your family or friends, supporting the club through thick and thin as a large turnover of players, managers and owners came and went, basically being part of something that you were proud off.

Who the fuck can afford £56 plus the rest for a game of football when every single game of ours in now on TV and will be for the rest of our lives?

Sly fuckers as well announcing these price bands after people have spent £10 for a blue membership card and an extra £15 for ticket priority. They will have got £25 for a card that the majority won't be using at all now these prices have come out.

A sad day in our history, said it 3 years ago but every season we are becoming a clone of the rags, sad to see.

Very good point about the Blue Memberships. £25 down the Fucking drain.

Have got to say that , as a cash restricted Blue member , that's EXACTLY what i'm feeling tonite ......

Not read the whole thread but as someone who has been going since the early 1960s when did the club ever care about its supporters? Sure there have been many worthwhile initiatives particularly aimed at getting kids onboard, sure there have been many individual acts of kindness and charitable activities but we, as a group, were always loyal and the club pitched its prices to extract the maximum it could. It's doing the same today. The product is much better but it's a shame to see the longstanding supporters priced out. The only solution in my mind is stadium expansion including much, much more corporate activity, Bundesliga prices (as a sort of loss leader) with a big marketing effort to ramp up food, drink and souvenir sales on matchdays.

I am seriously shellshocked!I expected a price rise but not to this extent.This leaves a bad taste in my mouth that a lot of loyal blues who have followed this club through all the dark days will now miss the good times,simply by being priced out.

I have a season ticket for now,but not everyone can either afford one or find it viable due to distance and/or work.

I am ashamed that our 'family based caring club' has gone down the road of corporate greed,FFP or not.

Has anyone raised this with the club yet???

paulchapo said:
I am seriously shellshocked!I expected a price rise but not to this extent.This leaves a bad taste in my mouth that a lot of loyal blues who have followed this club through all the dark days will now miss the good times,simply by being priced out.

I have a season ticket for now,but not everyone can either afford one or find it viable due to distance and/or work.

I am ashamed that our 'family based caring club' has gone down the road of corporate greed,FFP or not.

Trouble is they'll just reiterate that their hands are tied , and that they HAVE to bring more income in as a club ..... something they WOULDN'T have had to do to such an extent if Platini hadn't of come out with his plans.

But they must know many fans will be shocked by these price rises , even devastated to the point of having to stop attending games due to domestic financial obligations ....

you get the feeling that the clubs sees itself now purely as a business that must make greater profits , year upon year, than a football club that once gave the impression that it liked to take into consideration the feelings of its supporters.

Trouble is , as the current Premier League champions , they'll see this as being the ideal time to strike ....

paulchapo said:

i think they need a link to this thread attached to a email

Ooooh .......

what a carry on !

2dikk87.jpg

Well if they want to brush this under the carpet i am up for a protest of sorts.

Remember....YOU may be able to afford it NOW......next year you might not!

paulchapo said:
Well if they want to brush this under the carpet i am up for a protest of sorts.

Remember....YOU may be able to afford it NOW......next year you might not!

You know, that's a valid point. Just because money isn't an option for someone now doesn't mean it'll be that way in another 12 months. You only need a company to fold and jobs are lost or some other reason that would mean the purse strings need tightening and what was an easy spend this year becomes a struggle next.

No doubt the club reads this board and will see this thread so maybe they can pass on the general feelings to whoever made this decision (acting CEO John MacBeath or was it someone else?)

By the way the new COO who is arriving from Derby at the end of the summer Tom Glick has introduced an interesting way of pricing tickets at Derby: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18424590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18424590</a>

However Glick is an outspoken supporter of FFP so might back price hikes to improve revenue (albeit on a tiny scale as the extra cash from these price rises will barely register on the radar).

I could barely afford to attend the few matches I did last year, I'll still go but I doubt I'll be able to go to more than 3 max.

Saying this, as long as the atomosphere isn't diluted because of rich new fans I won't be angry, just disappointed I can't see the team I love in person as much as i'd like. How are we comparing to the rest of the league ticket wise?

In a more perfect world we'd be able to go for prices closer to the Bundesliga, I wonder if it's at all possible to do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.