Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports this morning that Manchester City are poised to complete a deal for Sevilla’s Alvaro Negredo, and that the Spaniard will be a Premier League player by the end of the week.

That would seem, logically, to be a reaction to the club’s unwillingness to meet Napoli’s asking price for Edinson Cavani.

When it was initially reported that City had walked away from Cavani without matching his exorbitant valuation, I’m remember writing that I thought that that was a smart move, and that it represented a healthy acknowledgement of the Financial Fair Play restrictions. £54m was a lot of money for someone who wouldn’t have provided a £54m improvement to this City side.

Depending on which paper you read, the fee for Negredo is somewhere between £18m and £22m, and that’s a very fair price for one of the elite goal-scorers in La Liga. Added to which, Negredo probably provides a greater variation to Sergio Aguero than Cavani would have done. Both the Argentine and the Uruguayan are finesse goal-scorers who, whilst both outstanding, do still overlap with each other. Negredo is an alternative – a more physical option, a better link-man, and a provider of a genuine ‘plan b’ for Manuel Pellegrini.

I like this move a lot, I think Negredo would be very successful in England and that the clubs who hesitated over his fee will be very regretful in six months’ time.

Nice piece online .....

BringBackSwales said:
Chevelle said:
BringBackSwales said:
what???!!! You son are unfuckingreal
The sheikh might as well just sell the club with comments like that... ungrateful...

who are you calling ungrateful? How the fuck is telling someone who thinks Grant Holt is a better buy than Negredo that they are unreal, how is that ungrateful? Please explain

-- Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:31 pm --

Mrmcfc said:
BringBackSwales said:
what???!!! You son are unfuckingreal

Might as well go sign Shola Ameobi for less than Holt.

are you joking? You must be
Sorry mate I am using tapatalk on my android and it didn't add the whole post of yours with the comments from elmatador saying we might as well get Holt.. sorry bud :)

IanBishopsHaircut said:
lost_n_spaced said:
So, for the nay-sayers, we have the chance of signing :

*A striker who scored 25 league goals in a 9th placed team (that only scored 58 all season) in - arguably - Europe's best league.

*A 27 year old available for 30m quid cheaper 26 year old Cavani, the scorer of 29 league goals in a 2nd place team (in Europe's 4th best league) that scored 73 all season.

*A squad member of the reigning World & European Champions (and favourites for the WC next year).

*A player who will not have to put all the miles on the clock that a South American equivalent would have to over the next year due to WC qualifying & home friendlies.

*A player who knows perfectly well how to play with our standout attacking signing so far, as he's already played with him for 4 seasons, and who also has experience of playing with our chief architect (Silva).

*A player who actually wants to come due to wages, manager & team-mates, and who currently plays in a league which is far more similar - in terms of attacking & defensive speed/play - to the PL than Serie A.

Tell me again why this DOESN'T make perfect sense ?

He's not 40 million +

It's an absolute neccesity for the transfer muppets on here...despite them complaining we are always getting rinsed

what a pathetic attempt at a slap down.

firstly, we were by all reports we were chasing cavani, now its some bloke who plays in spain. imo, people thought we were after a top striker, when it now looks like our main target is no better than last years third choice.

if anyone is pissed off its could be for the same reason i am. i want my team to be the best it can be and am dissapointed we seem to be treading water or at worst going backwards.

27 year old and 28 year old in the bag with another 27 year old to come. none of which are premiership proven and cost especially in fernandinho case a shit full of money for someone who cant make it into his own national squad.

i really hope my concerns are misfounded because, like the vast majority of people on this forum i have the best interests of the club at heart.

CTID

i8rags said:
BringBackSwales said:
Chevelle said:
The sheikh might as well just sell the club with comments like that... ungrateful...

who are you calling ungrateful? How the fuck is telling someone who thinks Grant Holt is a better buy than Negredo that they are unreal, how is that ungrateful? Please explain

Mrmcfc said:

Think he was agreeing with your earlier post mate.

Yeah I was being sarcastic haha
I'd be seeking a euthanasia brochure if my mind was that disturbed.

Remember ... if you don't fancy a player and he's under £20 million your opinion makes you a spoilt brat.

It's really catching on and gives people a sense of belonging that they are in the majority and can pick on someone. Remind you of another group of so called supporters?

Shame.

Chevelle said:
BringBackSwales said:
Chevelle said:

Mrmcfc said:

Sorry mate I am using tapatalk on my android and it didn't add the whole post of yours with the comments from elmatador saying we might as well get Holt.. sorry bud :)

cheers pal

r.soleofsalford said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
lost_n_spaced said:

*A striker who scored 25 league goals in a 9th placed team (that only scored 58 all season) in - arguably - Europe's best league.

*A 27 year old available for 30m quid cheaper 26 year old Cavani, the scorer of 29 league goals in a 2nd place team (in Europe's 4th best league) that scored 73 all season.

*A squad member of the reigning World & European Champions (and favourites for the WC next year).

*A player who will not have to put all the miles on the clock that a South American equivalent would have to over the next year due to WC qualifying & home friendlies.

*A player who knows perfectly well how to play with our standout attacking signing so far, as he's already played with him for 4 seasons, and who also has experience of playing with our chief architect (Silva).

*A player who actually wants to come due to wages, manager & team-mates, and who currently plays in a league which is far more similar - in terms of attacking & defensive speed/play - to the PL than Serie A.

He's not 40 million +

It's an absolute neccesity for the transfer muppets on here...despite them complaining we are always getting rinsed

firstly, we were by all reports we were chasing cavani, now its some bloke who plays in spain. imo, people thought we were after a top striker, when it now looks like our main target is no better than last years third choice.

if anyone is pissed off its could be for the same reason i am. i want my team to be the best it can be and am dissapointed we seem to be treading water or at worst going backwards.

27 year old and 28 year old in the bag with another 27 year old to come. none of which are premiership proven and cost especially in fernandinho case a shit full of money for someone who cant make it into his own national squad.

i really hope my concerns are misfounded because, like the vast majority of people on this forum i have the best interests of the club at heart.

CTID
When has that ever made a fucking difference?

Some examples of 'Prem proven' signings:
Torres
Carroll
Jeffers
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Ashley Young
Downing
Bridge
Bentley
Robbie Keane
Henderson

Some examples of the opposite:
Bergkamp
Henry
Ronaldo
Zola
Ballack
Vieira
Pires
Silva
Yaya Toure
Kompany
de Jong
Zabaleta
Mata
Cazorla
Hazard
Michu
Oscar
Modric
Bale

r.soleofsalford said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
lost_n_spaced said:

He's not 40 million +

CTID

The major flaw in your reasoning is you have absolutely fuck all idea on how these players are going to perform in the premiership unless you're Marty McFly

Who knows...in the long run you may be right...they may be shite...but they are just as likely to be very good

Fact is you're slagging off our players before they have kicked a ball in anger

And that is fucking unacceptable

Think Negredo will be a quality signing. Big strong great link up play and hold up ability. Good finisher in the air and on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.