Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we have looked at Benteke but I am sure a lot of clubs looked at Cisse last summer after the season he had, wrong to call them one season wonders because they are no doubt very good players but if you sign a new manager 90% of the time they either go to the clubs they have managed for the players they want or the league where they have spent most time because that is in their comfort zone is the way I see it.

lost_n_spaced said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
r.soleofsalford said:
what a pathetic attempt at a slap down.

firstly, we were by all reports we were chasing cavani, now its some bloke who plays in spain. imo, people thought we were after a top striker, when it now looks like our main target is no better than last years third choice.

if anyone is pissed off its could be for the same reason i am. i want my team to be the best it can be and am dissapointed we seem to be treading water or at worst going backwards.

27 year old and 28 year old in the bag with another 27 year old to come. none of which are premiership proven and cost especially in fernandinho case a shit full of money for someone who cant make it into his own national squad.

i really hope my concerns are misfounded because, like the vast majority of people on this forum i have the best interests of the club at heart.

CTID

The major flaw in your reasoning is you have absolutely fuck all idea on how these players are going to perform in the premiership unless you're Marty McFly

Who knows...in the long run you may be right...they may be shite...but they are just as likely to be very good

Fact is you're slagging off our players before they have kicked a ball in anger

And that is fucking unacceptable

Correct.

I don't go in for calling people rags, as :

1 - I have no idea
2 - Don't care
3 - Rag or not, right is right & wrong is wrong

And Cavani isn't Prem proven, plays in a worse league, for a better team, only scored 4 more, is a only a year younger & would cost 30m more.

Which makes pretty much all aspects of his argument bollocks.

What he seems to want are big-names, irrespective of whether they will fit into the team or not (and probably at the expense of other areas of the team when you take FFP into account).

Negredo would be a 100% waste of money. I would prefer we signed Thiago, Luke Shaw, Sam Byram, Robben/DE Maria, or Reus and pushed the boat out for Thiago Silva,

VOOMER said:
lost_n_spaced said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
The major flaw in your reasoning is you have absolutely fuck all idea on how these players are going to perform in the premiership unless you're Marty McFly

Who knows.in the long run you may be right.but they are just as likely to be very good

Correct.

1 - I have no idea
2 - Don't care

And Cavani isn't Prem proven, plays in a worse league, is a only a year younger & would cost 30m more.

What he seems to want are big-names, irrespective of whether they will fit into the team or not (and probably at the expense of other areas of the team when you take FFP into account).

Negredo would be a 100% waste of money. I would prefer we signed Thiago, or Reus and pushed the boat out for Thiago Silva,

The stupidity on here never ceases to amaze me.

VOOMER said:
Negredo would be a 100% waste of money. I would prefer we signed Thiago, Luke Shaw, Sam Byram, Robben/DE Maria, or Reus and pushed the boat out for Thiago Silva,

Crikey ... i'm not sure a post could be more wrong than that one. Negredo will be a beast for us. The players you've listed either aren't for sale, or don't want to come to City.

VOOMER said:
lost_n_spaced said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Who knows...in the long run you may be right...they may be shite...but they are just as likely to be very good

Correct.

1 - I have no idea
2 - Don't care

And Cavani isn't Prem proven, plays in a worse league, for a better team, only scored 4 more, is a only a year younger & would cost 30m more.

100% hey

VOOMER said:
lost_n_spaced said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Correct.

1 - I have no idea
2 - Don't care

Can you tell me how any of those, and I'll include Reus in that, would provide us with the killer instinct infront of goal ?

Which of the CM, LB, MF, Wingers are proven goalscorers ?

I happen to think that we also need other players as well, but recognise that we have more chance of being able to afford them if we don't spunk 50m quid on a striker who admits himself that he isn't worth the money.

Have I missed something?

There seems to be alot of talk about comparisons between Negredo and Dzeko.

I'm thinking now Tevez has gone that Negredo is coming in to compliment and challenge Dzeko and Aguero.

We have just employed one of the most respected and sought after managers in world football.

A manager who knows Spanish Football inside out.

A manager who appears to want to sign Negredo.

Everyone on here has an opinion,but given his experience, I'll back Pellegrini.

If he thinks he's a good signing, I'm in until such time as it proves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.