Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lynchy4664 said:
Ok people who think this is a good deal haven't done their homework naughty naughty.

First of all this guy IS NOT an upgrade on Dzeko, his last season was his best and it was not better than Dzeko's best, Dzeko has finally figured out the Premier League and he knows how to score here. He is ready for next season. And Frankly we cant afford another year of a striker learning to combat the EPL's physicality.

Now lets look at Negredo's stats, His statistics follow a pattern...

1. Every first season at a new club for this guy is somewhere between disappointment and mediocrity.

2. From there he has up and down season consistency, my meaning- he has a good season then a bad season there after.

3. He' is known for his long stints of goal droughts.

4. He's just come off his best season, he's not good enough to better his best.

5. We've already seen his partnership with Navas and it was nothing special.

...All of the above tells me this deal is a recipe for disaster. its 20 million down the drain, he will have no resale value whatsoever, when he flops here.

Also to point out, how many Spanish players have come over here and have had success?.. TOO MANY odds are now against us.

It's a snatch transfer lads, city dont need him we have Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti, in a 4-3-3 formation we dot even need two strikers starting.

This move reminds me of Mark Hughes buying Santa-cruz.
Just cause pellegrini' has had a man crush of him for the past 3 years.

The player we need is the player who has shown real consistency domestically and on the European stage. And that man is Cavani, if we cant get Cavani... Dont waste the money else-where.

...Just to add if City do go ahead and buy him, then I hope im wrong in everything iv said....btw dude scores class volleys.

I say only one thing, more scored negredo sergio aguero goals in the years that both have played in the Spanish league .. what have you to say to that?

Marca says we will make our offer this week but that Del Nido is in no mood to give discounts now that their financial situation has settled down (he gave City a discount for Navas). So we'll have to pay around £21.5million unless Soriano and Txiki do some haggling.

Davs 19 said:
We have just employed one of the most respected and sought after managers in world football.

A manager who knows Spanish Football inside out.

A manager who appears to want to sign Negredo.

Everyone on here has an opinion,but given his experience, I'll back Pellegrini.

If he thinks he's a good signing, I'm in until such time as it proves otherwise.

Agree.

lynchy4664 said:
Ok people who think this is a good deal haven't done their homework naughty naughty.

First of all this guy IS NOT an upgrade on Dzeko, his last season was his best and it was not better than Dzeko's best, Dzeko has finally figured out the Premier League and he knows how to score here. He is ready for next season. And Frankly we cant afford another year of a striker learning to combat the EPL's physicality.

Now lets look at Negredo's stats, His statistics follow a pattern...

1. Every first season at a new club for this guy is somewhere between disappointment and mediocrity.

2. From there he has up and down season consistency, my meaning- he has a good season then a bad season there after.

3. He' is known for his long stints of goal droughts.

4. He's just come off his best season, he's not good enough to better his best.

5. We've already seen his partnership with Navas and it was nothing special.

...All of the above tells me this deal is a recipe for disaster. its 20 million down the drain, he will have no resale value whatsoever, when he flops here.

Also to point out, how many Spanish players have come over here and have had success?.. TOO MANY odds are now against us.

It's a snatch transfer lads, city dont need him we have Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti, in a 4-3-3 formation we dot even need two strikers starting.

This move reminds me of Mark Hughes buying Santa-cruz.
Just cause pellegrini' has had a man crush of him for the past 3 years.

The player we need is the player who has shown real consistency domestically and on the European stage. And that man is Cavani, if we cant get Cavani... Dont waste the money else-where.

...Just to add if City do go ahead and buy him, then I hope im wrong in everything iv said....btw dude scores class volleys.

is absolutely right, negredo is terrible, and very expensive, bad, slow, clumsy, not fiche please leave it in sevilla, sevilla us fans if you want ...

As good as Aguero is, he has a tendency to make the difficult look easy and the easy look difficult. I dunno about Edin, he certainly has the potential if he gets the service, and I'm hopeful he will with a different style of football.

We need a clinical finisher, someone who can be counted on to notch again and again, game after game. When opposition fans look at our results I want them to think 'fuck me, ______ has scored again' little bit like we were with van rapist in the early part of last season. Not sure if Negredo is that player cos if I'm honest I dont know that much about hum, but I'm hopeful.

Kompany is King said:
Davs 19 said:
We have just employed one of the most respected and sought after managers in world football.

A manager who knows Spanish Football inside out.

A manager who appears to want to sign Negredo.

Everyone on here has an opinion,but given his experience, I'll back Pellegrini.

If he thinks he's a good signing, I'm in until such time as it proves otherwise.

Agree.

I agree too ......

LoveCity said:
Marca says we will make our offer this week but that Del Nido is in no mood to give discounts now that their financial situation has settled down (he gave City a discount for Navas). So we'll have to pay around £21.5million unless Soriano and Txiki do some haggling.

I seem to remember him coming out and saying that he was surprised we offered so much for Navas as we were the only bidders, so it rather sounds like we overpaid rather than getting a discount. I also think we overpaid quite a bit on Fernandinho if the quoted figures are reliable.

I'm sure both will be good players for us players but so far doesn't sound like Txiki and Soriano are the best hagglers.

PhuketBlue said:
LoveCity said:

I seem to remember him coming out and saying that he was surprised we offered so much for Navas as we were the only bidders, so it rather sounds like we overpaid rather than getting a discount. I also think we overpaid quite a bit on Fernandinho if the quoted figures are reliable.

I'm sure both will be good players for us players but so far doesn't sound like Txiki and Soriano are the best hagglers.

Bloody hell! You'll have 'The Cabal' after you with comments like that! :-)

TGR said:
PhuketBlue said:
LoveCity said:

Bloody hell! You'll have 'The Cabal' after you with comments like that! :-)

I know ;-)

Is it time for gifs yet?

tumblr_mismwrrO0e1rxhxsuo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.