Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thenabster said:
Selbyblue said:
thenabster said:
True, so doesn't show that Negredo is a better forward when alone than with another strike partner? because it wasn't until this season that Kanoute left that Sevilla switched to a 4-3-2-1 nd he started banging in more goals?

Very good. The old "when found out try to bluff your way out of of it" routine. You have no idea do you?

I don't know a lot about him either which is why I don't pretend to.

ahaha lol. I'm not really pretending to know or not know him. I've watched a good numbers of Sevilla games last year and throughout the years and I actually watched Negredo play when he was still at Real Madrid.

My position is that while Negredo is a very good striker and a better option than Osvaldo and co, as far as I'm concerned now and from what I know of him he is a downgrade from Cavani and Tevez, hasn't managed to break into a weak Spanish strike force, has never had a 30+ goal scoring season apart from this one and is 28.

Now I don't watch every single Sevilla game but I do watch a good number and Negredo in my opinion is a slightly faster Dzeko with a bit more first touch and some extra weight. He is leftie which is good but as I keep on saying, a winning team needs a person who can score 30-40+ goals a season e.g Ronaldo, Messi, Van Persie, Ibra etc and we absolutely need that so if we're counting on Negredo to be that, I'm skeptical. < unquote >

Ok, will you now please name a few players that score 30-40+ goals other than the ones you mention i.e. you prefer to Negredo?
- Cavani isn't coming and way too expensive.
- Lewandowski is heading to Bayern next summer and not interested going anywhere else (and even if he does, he will try and go to Bayern next summer).

Or ... maybe Txiki and Pellegrini who both advocate a more wide attacking style of play, knows Negredo better from the many years they spent in Spain?

thenabster said:
invincible said:
thenabster said:
I watched some more Negredo this night and stuff and I don't know. He raelly is similar to Dzeko. He's a shit passer, doesn't really contribute to the gameplay and has that Dzeko body. he does have better first touch and is faster.

He stats are pretty good, the problem though is if we are getting him for the 20m+ as quoted he'll be our main striker. We need a striker that can score 30 goals and more per season to compete on all tables and I don't know if Negredo can do that constantly. He isn't a bad choice though as compared to Osvaldo that would have been fucking terrible and MP likes having a tall striker lead the attack. But yeah I guess we'll just see with this one.

30 goals included alls competitions or only the premier league? u need deal messi or cristinano ronaldo, and need the money for do it this, negredo is one good striker, but not messi or cavani.. for this the prize is 20 millions, and not 60 u 80 millions

Ibra scored 35 goals, Van Persie scored 30 goals, Lewandoski 35, Messi 60, Ronaldo 55 etc I mean all the great teams have a player that scores 30+. We need that kind of player at City.

you have reason, but that needs to be paid and costs money, lots of money, 40-50 - 70 millions ....?? are you willing to pay?

another question, do you think than van persie, messi, ronaldo .. score  over 30-40 goals a year in a average team like sevilla fc?

thenabster said:
invincible said:
thenabster said:
I watched some more Negredo this night and stuff and I don't know. He raelly is similar to Dzeko. He's a shit passer, doesn't really contribute to the gameplay and has that Dzeko body. he does have better first touch and is faster.

He stats are pretty good, the problem though is if we are getting him for the 20m+ as quoted he'll be our main striker. We need a striker that can score 30 goals and more per season to compete on all tables and I don't know if Negredo can do that constantly. He isn't a bad choice though as compared to Osvaldo that would have been fucking terrible and MP likes having a tall striker lead the attack. But yeah I guess we'll just see with this one.

30 goals included alls competitions or only the premier league? u need deal messi or cristinano ronaldo, and need the money for do it this, negredo is one good striker, but not messi or cavani.. for this the prize is 20 millions, and not 60 u 80 millions

Ibra scored 35 goals, Van Persie scored 30 goals, Lewandoski 35, Messi 60, Ronaldo 55 etc I mean all the great teams have a player that scores 30+. We need that kind of player at City.

Negredo scored 31...

Not really convinced about this deal.
He is not much better than Dzeko and when you consider the money involved, you have to wonder if it would be better to just stick with Dzeko.
If we are able to sell Dzeko for the rumored 17 million and buy Negrado for the rumoured 24 million, thats a 7 million loss straight away. I doubt there would be that much difference between wages to cover 7 million difference over the length of their contracts. Also Dzeko is a player settled in English climate and environment. Dzeko is also a year younger.

eversince 76 said:
thenabster said:
Selbyblue said:
Very good. The old "when found out try to bluff your way out of of it" routine. You have no idea do you?

I don't know a lot about him either which is why I don't pretend to.

ahaha lol. I'm not really pretending to know or not know him. I've watched a good numbers of Sevilla games last year and throughout the years and I actually watched Negredo play when he was still at Real Madrid.

My position is that while Negredo is a very good striker and a better option than Osvaldo and co, as far as I'm concerned now and from what I know of him he is a downgrade from Cavani and Tevez, hasn't managed to break into a weak Spanish strike force, has never had a 30+ goal scoring season apart from this one and is 28.

Now I don't watch every single Sevilla game but I do watch a good number and Negredo in my opinion is a slightly faster Dzeko with a bit more first touch and some extra weight. He is leftie which is good but as I keep on saying, a winning team needs a person who can score 30-40+ goals a season e.g Ronaldo, Messi, Van Persie, Ibra etc and we absolutely need that so if we're counting on Negredo to be that, I'm skeptical. < unquote >

Ok, will you now please name a few players that score 30-40+ goals other than the ones you mention i.e. you prefer to Negredo?
- Lewandowski is heading to Bayern next summer and not interested going anywhere else (and even if he does, he will try and go to Bayern next summer).

Or ... maybe Txiki and Pellegrini who both advocate a more wide attacking style of play, knows Negredo better from the many years they spent in Spain?

Soldado. He scored 30 goals all competitions last season and actually plays well in the Champions league. Why not him? Plus his 3 seasons at Valencia have been more consistent than Negredo.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 am --<br /><br />
blinkblue said:
thenabster said:
invincible said:

Negredo scored 31...

Will he score 31 goals every season?

bleed.blue said:
He is not much better than Dzeko and when you consider the money involved, you have to wonder if it would be better to just stick with Dzeko.
If we are able to sell Dzeko for the rumored 17 million and buy Negrado for the rumoured 24 million, thats a 7 million loss straight away. I doubt there would be that much difference between wages to cover 7 million difference over the length of their contracts. Also Dzeko is a player settled in English climate and environment. Dzeko is also a year younger.

If you were to sell Dzeko, you would then have to sign yet another striker, so why are you selling him ?

Pellegrini has shown no intention to sell Dzeko.

thenabster said:
eversince 76 said:

Soldado. He scored 30 goals all competitions last season and actually plays well in the Champions league. Why not him? Plus his 3 seasons at Valencia have been more consistent than Negredo.
Perhaps the guys in charge believe Negredo would make a better partner for Aguero than Soldado?

bleed.blue said:
What do you mean not much better,i will take anything better than dzeko what is it that he does that makes you like dzeko?1st touch? jumping to compete for headers from joe hart kicks cos he jumps this high ^^^^^^? movement? , link up play? explain to me

invincible said:
thenabster said:
invincible said:

you have reason, but that needs to be paid and costs money, lots of money, 40-50 - 70 millions ....?? are you willing to pay?

another question, do you think than van persie, messi, ronaldo .. score  over 30-40 goals a year in a average team like sevilla fc?

I would absolutely pay 50 m for a player that will deliver and consistenly deliver for the next 5 years than waste 20 m on a player that might not work and we'll be back to the drawing board next summer.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:01 am --<br /><br />
Joehannes said:
thenabster said:
eversince 76 said:

Soldado. He scored 30 goals all competitions last season and actually plays well in the Champions league. Why not him? Plus his 3 seasons at Valencia have been more consistent than Negredo.
Perhaps the guys in charge believe Negredo would make a better partner for Aguero than Soldado?

Of course. At the end of the day, it's MP's team and I support MP. If he wants Negredo, let him have Negredo, he surely knows more than me.

thenabster said:
blinkblue said:
thenabster said:

Negredo scored 31...

Will he score 31 goals every season?

I think he can, he'd have better players around him and his main 'assister' from Sevilla in Navas. People see him as similar to Dzeko but his slightly better technique and touch as well as his superior movement in the box makes all the difference to me. Plus he doesn't stand out wide all the time and try to take people on like Dzeko does quite often for some reason. He'd just be a far better fit imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.