Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit limited in some areas and not quite as clinical as some are suggesting but a decent enough option to rotate with Dzeko and/or Aguero.

benno74 said:
Although I must have watched him play for club or country at some point, I can't really remember noticing him to be able to have any kind of opinion on him yet.

What I will say is that the quote from Pellegrini from his Madrid days about you can't have the worlds best 11 guitar players to make an orchestra struck a chord with me. I have faith in what he wants to do, how he wants us to play, and most importantly which players will fit into his system.

If he feels that Negredo is a good fit for us, then I'm happy with that

Come again????

so hypothetically we wouldn't need an Aguero and Dzeko up front to win the league, we could easily do it with a Jo and a Samaras. Okay then.

BillyShears said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
What would be funny is if Chelsea sign Cavani for £58m, we sign Negredo for £24m, Cavani scores 8 goals and plays shit all season, whereas Negredo scores 20+ and is our player of the year. The spoilt brats will then be able to sit down to a hearty meal of their own words, and a side order of humble pie, (before getting back to football manager on the lap top).

But ... just what if its the opposite way around? Would you care to articulate your response should that happen?

Depends on how Kun and Edin do surely. Mario got 14 in our title winning season and 1 last season. Tevez got 4 in our title winning season and 11 last. Those are league goals only. So between them they accounted for 30 goals over seasons in a team which finished 1st and 2nd respectively. Replacing them both with a striker who's record is consistently better than a goal every two games is a vast improvement.
And replacing Mario with someone who hopefully gives a damn is even more of an improvement.

I hope we get him and also Gomez. IMO the pair would offer us tremendous strength and variation within our ranks.

What is worth noting is that Negredo and a.n.other striker would cost us the same or less in wages as what we paid Tevez. That means we can pocket any savings on Balotelli. If indeed we move on with Aguero, Dzeko Negredo and a promoted Guidetti (when he's fit). The savings in wages from Balo and Tevez would be around 350k pw a saving of £18m off the wagebill!

Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
What would be funny is if Chelsea sign Cavani for £58m, we sign Negredo for £24m, Cavani scores 8 goals and plays shit all season, whereas Negredo scores 20+ and is our player of the year. The spoilt brats will then be able to sit down to a hearty meal of their own words, and a side order of humble pie, (before getting back to football manager on the lap top).

But ... just what if its the opposite way around? Would you care to articulate your response should that happen?
In a way that is the point of my post - nobody knows how either player will settle to the league, or any player for that matter. There's just far too many negative posts about a player we should be happy we are linked with. What gives us the right to demand £50m+ signings? A PL cup and an FA Cup? Don't think so. Players of Negredo's worth and talent are not to be sniffed at, and he may just surprise people with what he does. He may end up a bag of shite, but that doesn't mean those moaning about him will be proven right, it will just mean the gamble didn't pay off. The exact same outcome could happen with £50m+ Cavani, but it seems just his name and cost will satisfy some on here, and that just doesn't make any sense.
Wow some sensible people on here this morning long may it last ( but i dowt it )

ColinLee said:
BillyShears said:
gio's side step said:

Depends on how Kun and Edin do surely. Mario got 14 in our title winning season and 1 last season. Tevez got 4 in our title winning season and 11 last. Those are league goals only. So between them they accounted for 30 goals over seasons in a team which finished 1st and 2nd respectively. Replacing them both with a striker who's record is consistently better than a goal every two games is a vast improvement.
And replacing Mario with someone who hopefully gives a damn is even more of an improvement.
Another fine point many have not taken into consideration. Said time and time again that if Mario was not the personality he was, so someone nobody really notices off the pitch, like Dzeko for example, and put in the exact performances he did, he would have been hounded out a long time ago. He was given way too much leeway because of his off the pitch 'stardom', which of course means fuck all to anything in the scheme of things.

Might just be me but bluemoon has gone shit imo. It was great once but now its just full of wuns,rags and jcl's who have never been to a game in there life and the only way they get to watch city is on fifa and moan if we dont sign the top rated players. Shame we cant do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.