Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
What would be funny is if Chelsea sign Cavani for £58m, we sign Negredo for £24m, Cavani scores 8 goals and plays shit all season, whereas Negredo scores 20+ and is our player of the year. The spoilt brats will then be able to sit down to a hearty meal of their own words, and a side order of humble pie, (before getting back to football manager on the lap top).

But ... just what if its the opposite way around? Would you care to articulate your response should that happen?
In a way that is the point of my post - nobody knows how either player will settle to the league, or any player for that matter. There's just far too many negative posts about a player we should be happy we are linked with. What gives us the right to demand £50m+ signings? A PL cup and an FA Cup? Don't think so. Players of Negredo's worth and talent are not to be sniffed at, and he may just surprise people with what he does. He may end up a bag of shite, but that doesn't mean those moaning about him will be proven right, it will just mean the gamble didn't pay off. The exact same outcome could happen with £50m+ Cavani, but it seems just his name and cost will satisfy some on here, and that just doesn't make any sense.

Thats not the point at all. From my perspective, I certainly don't believe any football club just has the right to sign any player. And of course it is logical to suggest no one knows how in reality it will turn out. But my opinion is based on having seen Cavani and Negredo play a few times. And in terms of their natural ability at the top level, Cavani is significantly better.

giokingkladze said:
weare8kyk said:
SambaStyle said:
The Spaniards are laughing at this signing but I don't think it's too bad.

They should.

Which Spaniards are laughing?
1346341568692.jpg

not at our standards at all, but its most likely for him to help settle navas in and he would most likely happy to sit on the bench a few times, so its not too bad, but for 22m, we have been robbed, hope its a little less than that though

Super David Silva 21 said:
benno74 said:
Although I must have watched him play for club or country at some point, I can't really remember noticing him to be able to have any kind of opinion on him yet.

What I will say is that the quote from Pellegrini from his Madrid days about you can't have the worlds best 11 guitar players to make an orchestra struck a chord with me. I have faith in what he wants to do, how he wants us to play, and most importantly which players will fit into his system.

If he feels that Negredo is a good fit for us, then I'm happy with that

Come again????

so hypothetically we wouldn't need an Aguero and Dzeko up front to win the league, we could easily do it with a Jo and a Samaras. Okay then.
Oh Christ, that's what you inferred from that?

gio's side step said:
Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
But ... just what if its the opposite way around? Would you care to articulate your response should that happen?
In a way that is the point of my post - nobody knows how either player will settle to the league, or any player for that matter. There's just far too many negative posts about a player we should be happy we are linked with. What gives us the right to demand £50m+ signings? A PL cup and an FA Cup? Don't think so. Players of Negredo's worth and talent are not to be sniffed at, and he may just surprise people with what he does. He may end up a bag of shite, but that doesn't mean those moaning about him will be proven right, it will just mean the gamble didn't pay off. The exact same outcome could happen with £50m+ Cavani, but it seems just his name and cost will satisfy some on here, and that just doesn't make any sense.

Thats not the point at all. From my perspective, I certainly don't believe any football club just has the right to sign any player. And of course it is logical to suggest no one knows how in reality it will turn out. But my opinion is based on having seen Cavani and Negredo play a few times. And in terms of their natural ability at the top level, Cavani is significantly better.
In the Italian league, yes. He is also significantly more expensive.

Super David Silva 21 said:
benno74 said:
Although I must have watched him play for club or country at some point, I can't really remember noticing him to be able to have any kind of opinion on him yet.

What I will say is that the quote from Pellegrini from his Madrid days about you can't have the worlds best 11 guitar players to make an orchestra struck a chord with me. I have faith in what he wants to do, how he wants us to play, and most importantly which players will fit into his system.

If he feels that Negredo is a good fit for us, then I'm happy with that

Come again????

so hypothetically we wouldn't need an Aguero and Dzeko up front to win the league, we could easily do it with a Jo and a Samaras. Okay then.

He is not saying that you don't need good players. He is saying that it is more important that the players fit the system we play than play as individuals.

This has been our biggest downfall is that too many times in the past few seasons we have relied on individuals to win us a game. United have proven that it is not always the best group of players who are successful, it is the best squad.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
not at our standards at all, but its most likely for him to help settle navas in and he would most likely happy to sit on the bench a few times, so its not too bad, but for 22m, we have been robbed, hope its a little less than that though

€20m has been quoted not £22m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.