Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
gio's side step said:
BillyShears said:
gio's side step said:
That is a good question actually.

Should I take it your answer is yes :)

I'm not sure genuinely. I believe in Aguero as a top player although I do think even with injuries at times his form as dipped up and down more than it should. But I do think he is a top top level player.

I also rate Cavani highly and think he is in the top bracket of striker. Much better than Negredo.

Stats are important but they arent everything. Ricky Lambert scored more last season in the prem than Rooney, Aguero etc. Should he do so again for the next 2 seasons, people wouldnt be suggesting we sign him. Actually, no they would!!

I think you should never judge a player solely on his stats, and solely on what your eyes tell you, but a combination of the two. Cavani is a top player no doubt, but Kun is a level above for me. I'm not sure what you're trying to say about injuries, he had a really disrupted season last season but frankly was stepping in and out of a team that was viciously under performing and incredibly unhappy at times.

I take your point that all round Cavani is a much better player than Negredo, but I'm not sure we need everything Cavani brings. What we lacked last season in my very humble opinion, was goals from midfield, and probably the clinical and imposing nature which Negredo will bring.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Damien10 said:
Now, take it easy on me but...

I can't believe City are linked with this guy for 24 million, Dzeko is by far the better player when compared to Negredo, and even he divides opinion right?
In the end when you look at it, it's a very disappointing transfer that doesn't improve the squad in any way.

1. Picking numbers out of thin air just makes you appear stupid.

2. A player that scored more goals in two years than Balotelli and Tevez combined, is most definitely an improvement.

3. One and two combined makes you an idiot.

1. They are the figures reported.

2. Looking at a players goals from his past is no way to judge a football player. Tevez and Balotelli might of scored less in the last two years but they are far superior football players.

3. You'r opinion

Damien10 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Damien10 said:

I can't believe City are linked with this guy for 24 million, Dzeko is by far the better player when compared to Negredo, and even he divides opinion right?
In the end when you look at it, it's a very disappointing transfer that doesn't improve the squad in any way.

2. A player that scored more goals in two years than Balotelli and Tevez combined, is most definitely an improvement.

2. Looking at a players goals from his past is no way to judge a football player. Tevez and Balotelli might of scored less in the last two years but they are far superior football players.

3. You'r opinion

18 million euros is reported, not 24.

They are strikers, scoring goals is what they do! If you can't judge a striker on goals, what can you judge them on?

Damien10 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Damien10 said:

3. You'r opinion

The figure reported is 18m Euros.

About £15m.

We have our big name striker in Kun lets hope he can flourish next to Negredo. Pellegrini bangs on about about needing a full orchestra if he believes negredo fits into our team perfectly then I trust his view. I'd rather have negredo a cheaper lower profile stiker who fits perfectly into manuels system than 50million cavani who could turn out to be a square peg in a round hole for his system. That said I would love one superstar signing, preferably an attacking midfielder ie Bale.

Sorry if I'm wrong but from what I've heard he was the 3rd top goal scorer in la liga so I don't understand why you wouldn't want him; he will bag goals for us, plus him and Aguero up front would be immense too

Stoned Rose said:
Damien10 said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

3. You'r opinion

The figure reported is 18m Euros.

About £15m.

But fairs fair mate.He did get his figures from the fucking Dandy and Beano.

Neville Kneville said:
People can of course prefer a Cavani or a Falcao to Negredo & I'm sure there is a fair argument for that.

Suggesting Negredo is a poor player or not worthy of a 2nd/3rd striker spot in our squad is ridiculous though & not a reasonable argument at all.

Correct.

Negredo looks like good value for money. Cavani is likely to be at least twice the price and is not twice the player. Obviously, transfer valuations do not go up in a linear fashion: the very best players are likely to demand a premium; especially if their club does not need to sell and players are not at the end of their contracts / careers.

I'm a big Cavani fan but do think he is overpriced and I absolutely believe that it is Mansour's prerogative not to pay over the odds if he does not want to. It is also fine by me if he chooses to try and run the club in a more financially sensible way, be it FFP compliance or a business decision. I'd be even happier for Mansour to raise his middle finger to UEFA and splash loads more cash; although I do believe that at some point the aim has to be a self-sustaining club.

Whether the potential purchase of Negredo is driven in any way by budgetary control is open to some debate: The club may just think he is a good choice for one quarter of a balanced set of strikers. I believe that it is the case that if we three of those four are Kun, Edin and Negredo, we will enter the season with three of the top 20 (Castrol) ranked strikers in Europe. Hardly the shabbiest state of affairs. However, we have lost two very high calibre forwards in Mario and Tevez; two marquee signings and we really could do with one marquee signing this summer just to put some gloss on things.

grifter said:
We have our big name striker in Kun lets hope he can flourish next to Negredo. Pellegrini bangs on about about needing a full orchestra if he believes negredo fits into our team perfectly then I trust his view. I'd rather have negredo a cheaper lower profile stiker who fits perfectly into manuels system than 50million cavani who could turn out to be a square peg in a round hole for his system. That said I would love one superstar signing, preferably an attacking midfielder ie Bale.

^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.