Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone describe what sort of player Negrado is, what's his style, attributes etc.. Can he play upfront alone?

lmjones1uk said:
Can someone describe what sort of player Negrado is, what's his style, attributes etc.. Can he play upfront alone?
Yes, he can play as a lone striker.

He's a tall, left-footed, very strong & combative striker that is very well rounded in everything a striker could ask for.

Not RVP but quite technical too. Ball doesn't bounce off him and has good hold up play.

Daz_Blue said:
lmjones1uk said:

I was going to ask the same....never seen him play.......
Very good in the air, not the quickest but is not slow by any means. Decent technically. Similar to Dzeko, but more quick and has better feet. Very good at holding the ball up.

Good target man, but not totally limited to this.

I personally will go for Gomez and even the ageing Villa over Negredo.

Negredo is a very good striker. He is strong, can hold the ball up, technically sound, intelligent and his finishing is not bad either but objectively in terms of making a difference and scoring the goals for a team that aspires to win the Premier League and go deep in the Champions league I don't think he is the caliber of player we need.

As for Fred, Well, that's just a perfect example of the media taking the mick.

Blueband Brother said:

Negredo is a very good striker. He is strong, can hold the ball up, technically sound, intelligent and his finishing is not bad either but objectively in terms of making a difference and scoring the goals for a team that aspires to win the Premier League and go deep in the Champions league I don't think he is the caliber of player we need.

Seen Gomez choke in several big games. I question his mentality.

Jumanji said:
Blueband Brother said:

Seen Gomez choke in several big games. I question his mentality.

Ah, right, I have to agree. He seems to have a serious problem with mental strength in the past. I remember the Euros in 2008 where he was the top German striker going into the tournament and just collapsed mentally I mean he couldn't even make a simple pass and there was an incident when a ball hit the top post and he was there standing on the line and all he had to do was tap it in with his head but he just stood there and the ball hit his head and went out for a goal kick. It was really bad how his brain went to mush in that tournament.

But I do think he has gotten a lot better and is becoming more and more resilient and composed mentally and despite this flaw I still believe he is one of the best strikers in Europe and certainly better than Negredo.

He will score an lot of goals and will be a big hit if we sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.